Wiring Looms

S3AMJ

OEM+
Reaction score
Afternoon everyone,

Been some time since I’ve posted on here, been busy with other commitments, new job, moving house, etc. Good to see plenty of regulars back then are still here! My S3 has been in dry storage for a year and a half, now finally getting the old girl back to her former glory! OEM+

Anyways, let’s get back on track! My question to you gents and ladies is..... for the optional extras we can get for our beloved S3’s are the wiring looms already present but “hiding” for example, to retro fit the auto dim rear veiw mirror or fitting a rear bumper with the sonic sensors! Or would I have to buy the wiring looms and modules to fit said items?

Good to be back and look forward to hearing from you all.

Ash

Welcome back mate . As for the dimming rear view mirror retro fit if i mind correctly to have the full system to work you need to replace the front windscreen . There is a post floating around on the site explaining in more detail . As for Pdc there is a massive post around on that too , hope this helps

Thanks buddy, I’ve done the whole search thing but it seems photobucket has gone on strike on most of the old threads, so relying on very few words inbetween no pictures is almost impossible to know what’s going on haha. Seems the auto dimming rear view mirror is more trouble than it’s worth... about 90% of the threads are “can I fix” they must be prone to break, liquid leaking, etc.

Suppose my dream would be to fit every optional extra available and to upgrade certain parts to give that OEM+ look. RNS-E for example.....

Was just curious if Audi went to the effort of putting in all the wiring looms for any optional extra or weather they were fitted to ordered spec.

There is away round the photobucket problem but for the love off me i cant find the thread as a member left a link and explaination on what you have to do , if i find i will pop it on here.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180514-172202.png
    Screenshot_20180514-172202.png
    144.5 KB · Views: 216
Last edited:
Thanks mate, appreciate the info on getting the pics to work.... but I’m using my iPhone with the chrome app, still no luck. I Should probably invest in a laptop!

It’s all good, downloaded the plugin for the app, I’m back up and running again now. Just spent the last couple hours reading back threw old threads..... in a year and a half so much has changed, a few cars I’ve followed the build threads being completely envious of have disappeared. Sad sad times

Audi didn’t put lions in car for things not ordered you will have to retrofit the wiring. Kufatec do pretty much all the looms you could need or a decent retrofit company

Ah thanks TJ, I knew it was a little bit of Wishful thinking, cheers for the company name, I’ll look into them. :thumbs up:

From my experience the looms/plugs are not there.

For the auto dimming mirror i read this link and had a go myself.

http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/...-myself-an-auto-dimming-rear-view-mirror-Help

I was in my local scrapyard and there was a high spec A4 with a auto dimming mirror so i pulled the roof lining down and cut all the wiring loom out.

I made my own loom from it.

Don't worry about the reverse light feed as i have found this is not needed.

I am thinking about fitting the reverse sensors and here is some info and prices, as it's such a small car i am not sure it needs them.

I have added cruise,chrome mirrors and the armrest,as for the other options i am not going to fit the middle rear headrest as it blocks the rear view and the muti-functioning steering wheel is not as nice as the standard 3 spoke wheel.

Jesus Jackson, you’ve done all the hard work for me! That’s a brilliant break down of parts, the pics are a huge help too. I’m guessing those prices are for new parts!

I’ve got the armrest, cruise control so far. Will be replacing all the soft touch items where paint has worn, new genuine floor mats, the list is as long as my arm lol.

Currently collecting a load of new parts at the moment for when I get a weekend free to fit it all.

I did look into the s3 8v flat bottom steering wheel.... but I’m keeping the original and slapping a new S3 badge at the bottom.

RNS-E would be my big spending upgrade for the interior, the symphony II is great.... if you like playing cassettes and CD’s?! I know you can wire in the Connect Bluetooth module but it’s not the same.

I’ve removed my middle rear headrest as well, otherwise it’s like looking through a letterbox.

Reactions: S3JACKSON