Wiring help with switched live feed.

g60leigh

Reaction score
I need to find a 12v switched live feed for my AEM Boost gauge.

It needs to be live on ignition lights and stay live constantly when engine turned over and running.

Anyone had to locate one before and can point me to one.

Thanks

I should point out that can find loads of switched lives but the go off when engine cranks.

I should point out that can find loads of switched lives but the go off when engine cranks.

I don't think the lives switches off when cranking, just the starter motor pulls all the power! Anyways, I took my power feed for my boost gauge from the ciggy lighter behind the ashtray, and used the dimmer wire as a switch to light up the gauge with the headlights.

In which case you will need to pick it up from something you know doesn't turn off during crank in the fuse box or similar... (as I did for the fuel pump relay for my inline pump in the post I linked too :))

<tuffty/>

Thanks Tuffty.
I will check that one out.
Just to confirm.
You picked yours up from the the blue with red stripe coming out of the fuse board?

I picked mine up from the fuel pump feed as this was appropriate for what I was using it for... colour may vary... so ALWAYS check...

The blue/red wire is the fused side of the fuel pump feed... you could take a (fused) feed from the main ign switched feed which from memory is a large yellow wire with a black stripe BUT!... always check with a volt meter to be sure...

<tuffty/>