Wiring for audi s5 seats

luke1987

Air Ride is for Ballers!!
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me how I wire in electric audi s5 seats, my current seats have air bags and are heated already but on the s5s there's one extra loom that is for the electric functions, any help greatly appreciated :)
Luke

Always helps with pics of connectors/looms which also show the wire/colours.

Always helps with pics of connectors/looms which also show the wire/colours.
ill take some picture later nige, i know that i only need lives and earths for the electrics as my existing seats have heated and air bags so the cables for that are already there.

ok so i got a couple of pics of the looms, im pretty sure the yellow one is for air bag but insure what the other 2 do, obviously one is heated and other is electrics
f3bff702.jpg

8829f52d.jpg

youll probably find you only have to hook up the live wires and the earth wires for the lumbar the additionals may be memory or the like

Sorry but atm I havnt had time to check, anyone with elsawin can tell you what they are.

I've just got 3.81 as I'm doing the same upgrade

That we are Nath :)

Luke I'm trial fitting mine this weekend I'll take some pics

Right theres good news and bad.

The seats aren't a straight fit you need to take off the guide lugs so that you can line up the bolts. But once there off you can bolt them straight in.

You'll also need the electrics fully working on the seats as they are full electric ajustable so you cant ajust your seating position without it. Mine are in such a position as i cant physically drive the car until this is done.

Electrics.

The airbag is an easy fix just a put an A3 plug ontop the S5 seats and that will work. The other wiring is totally different so I'm waiting on the DVD i brought off ebay so that i can print off the two wiring diagrams for my mate whos a auto electrician. I recommend you do the same.

I'm hopeing that he can make a loom that will have S5 female plugs on one side and A3 male plugs on the other which will make the seats plug and play
smile.gif

I'll let you know as soon as I've got the diagrams
smile.gif

Chris

awesome chris, cheers, im waiting for the dvd too, im an electrician myself so ill have a crack at it, do u know where to get the plugs from tho?????

You'll need the part numbers off the DVD but Audi should be able to supply :) if you do yours you can do mine :p

Nath u wired your RS4's yet? i still havent and just dont know whether to buy the leads/plugs from Audi or let an auto elcetrician have a go like these dudes??

Yeh but I need them wiring in properly man to be honest, I ain't got the car at the minute, so I'll sort it out @ Ultimate Dubs!

hairy ****...

i really wann go UD & meet everyone.. :(

Just work hard the other days, then ball up the sunday, don't be a tart, be nice to meet you as well...

Gonna try my hardest, if so will have to meet a fee of the fellow southerners on the way up! ;)

Did any one sort this out as I've just bought some theses ?:meeting: