wiring diagrams

Marc18

Reaction score
Anyone have a wiring diagram for the headlight switch?

Need to now which cable is the dimming control.

I have a copy but I don't think it will be any help. It only shows 4 wires connected to the switch. Most of it's work is done through the data bus system which I for one don't pretend to understand.

Yeah I don't think I'll need that, trying to avoid taking the switch unit itself apart as the clips look rather flimsy. Wires are colour coded but can't find any info on them

Audi A3 8V headlight switch

Looks to me as in most modern VAG cars and especially Audi's the reading of sensors and switches is done either by discrete voltage levels being presented by the switch to the module or more likely a digital bus connection is being used to read in the data.
On the Headlight switch the brown is the 0v , grey / violet the positive feed to the switch , I would say the green wire is the headlight switch position and the violet / green the info on the light level position which is mixed with the readings from the rain and light sensor or humidity sensor depending on the options in the car. Unfortunately it's not a simple voltage level that can be read.

Karl.

Thanks for that mate, that's way more complicated than I thought it would be and I'm still none the wiser which wires relate to the dimming control haha
Can you simplify that a bit lol

You do realise that the dimming function is a PWM dimming control, rather than straightforward voltages, don't you.....

You do realise that the dimming function is a PWM dimming control, rather than straightforward voltages, don't you.....
No not at all ha. I know nothing about wiring lol just need to know how to get power to something, was hoping I could get it to dim with the cabin lights

View attachment 45029

Looks to me as in most modern VAG cars and especially Audi's the reading of sensors and switches is done either by discrete voltage levels being presented by the switch to the module or more likely a digital bus connection is being used to read in the data.
On the Headlight switch the brown is the 0v , grey / violet the positive feed to the switch , I would say the green wire is the headlight switch position and the violet / green the info on the light level position which is mixed with the readings from the rain and light sensor or humidity sensor depending on the options in the car. Unfortunately it's not a simple voltage level that can be read.

Karl.
Can these be "tapped" into for wiring a boost gauge?

Can any one tell me what it means on a wiring diagram when the cable is terminated with a rectangle with a number in it???