Wiring aftermarket headunit with rear bose

valentn

Reaction score
Ok guys,

After many days of messing about I have finally wired my rear bose speakers and done my own bass woofer mod.

Here are the pics

P1000702.jpg

P1000701.jpg

As advised I took out and bypassed the Audi Boot Amp & Sub.

OK I am a noob with this so after some reading I figured out how to keep the speakers and use existing wireing to power the rear speakers.

Main issues are most aftermarket HU have a 4ohm setting, the two rear bose speakers are 2 ohm. In order to keep the speakers, I accessed the rear wires that came out the amp and used them to wire the rear speakers in series, this is not the ideal set up but was easiest and cheapest. By doing this it raised the impedence to 4 ohm.

In order to gain extra base I got some woofers and used some more of the wireing that was available to get these up and going.

This is all due to the fact my HU-amp was getting hot trying to run the bose speakers individually.

If people have any questions Ill try and help but like I say, this is not an ideal set up, but a budget way of upgrading your headunit and keeping the rear bose in.

The front Bose speakers are also 1.5 ohm (there is no such thing as rear only Bose) so if you are running them off the HU you will still get the HU overheating.
Can't really believe you've mounted speakers in the flimsy rear cubbyhole door. That must sound abysmal!

Last edited:
Thanks for letting me know, wail have to start again, Sound isnt bad imho. Anyway hopefully get it working properly soon