wires in centre console behind handbrake

whinfs

Reaction score
hi
i was taking the rear ashtray out of my '02 A4 SE saloon and noticed some wires and plugs in there (see attached pic)

can anyone tell me what they're for???
Photo copy

Is one of them not for the arm rest light? Do you have an armrest? Looking at the pic it looks like you do as the bracket is there. If so, is it illuminated?

Definately for the armrest ambient lights. If you open the pid there should be a little bit of plastic just by the hinge with a little red led on it

:blush: er, sorry guys, yes you're right, the arm rest illuminates! thanks to crazy88 and vagcabby.

the rear ash tray definitely doesnt illuminate though.

theres 2 wires/plugs in there though. i guess the armrest only uses one - any ideas what the other ones for please?

cheers

Not the handbrake switch is it? Is the right connector the armrest lights? If so, what is the left one connected to? It's hard to see whether the mating connector is attached.

hi dualmono21, thanks for taking the time to check yours out. ive whipped mine out again and put the lights onto see if something lit up and ive got nothing, but maybe i should have... theres no loose wiring or evidence of a bulb. wheres your bulb hiding?

just removed and checked mine and i have a light in my rear ashtray

right armrest
left handbrake