Wireless Charging

DyslexicDog

Reaction score
Anyone come across neat wireless charging options for the A4 that doesn’t involve the retrofit of a phone box.

I’d prefer a UK supplier and the options I’ve spotted seem to all use a non-existent fag socket in the armrest.

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

“Neat wireless charging options”
Does that mean…
the mount
the wireless charging position
or something else?

Your comment implies you don’t have any 12V output available within the cabin so I guess what you’re asking is how can I get wireless charging into the cabin if I don’t have a 12V socket available (And presumably USB is only 12W (5V @ 2.4A)

Neat = I’d like one that looks OEM or similar without wires trailing around the cabin.

I have the USB or fag sockets available.

Here’s one example, however I don’t have the fag socket located where this needs it.

afd965849373bed98689182557dccba8.jpg

The others I’ve found are located in China or have websites that appear pop up.

You’ll be pulling panels by the looks of it. Trailing cables is always a pain, would some colour matched cables held discreetly along existing panels lines be a deal breaker?

You’ll be pulling panels by the looks of it. Trailing cables is always a pain, would some colour matched cables held discreetly along existing panels lines be a deal breaker?

It could work but I wondered if anyone knew of another solution?

Pulling panels doesn’t put me off a solution.

Anyone come across neat wireless charging options for the A4 that doesn’t involve the retrofit of a phone box.

I’d prefer a UK supplier and the options I’ve spotted seem to all use a non-existent fag socket in the armrest.

Cheers

I purchased the OEM kit from Kufatec https://www.kufatec.com/en/handsfre...lete-kit-phone-box-for-audi-a4-8w-a5-f5-42860

Took to a place called VAGcoding Leicester and they did the full upgrade for me including the antenna signal booster thingy mabob. Cannot fault them one bit they truly do amazing OEM upgrades and cannot highly recommend them enough.