Wireless charging woes

Speedychuck

Reaction score
Hi. My car has the qi wireless charging phone box. It won’t charge my iPhone XS.

does anybody else have experience of this phone in the box? I don’t know if it’s just not compatible (although it is Qi so should be) or if the charger isn’t working in which case I will sent to Audi to be repaired.

thanks!

It works ok for my iPhone8, even in it’s leather pouch thing. I can’t see why it would be different for a different model iPhone so would suggest it’s the car charger. Do you know anyone else with another phone capable of wireless charging you could test it with?

If the phone is in there do you get the warning about phone still being in the vehicle when you switch car off? I assume it does that by detecting the charger is in use so if that isn’t working then it can’t be detecting the phone.

One thing I have noticed that some charging thing Apple have implemented in iOS 13 often stops it charging past 80%.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the Xs max in the genuine Apple leather case and works fine on my 2018.

Thank you both. I think it’s defective then, so will have a word with Audi about it.

regarding the warning, I only get that if the phone is plugged in via usb, and not if it’s just in the box.

My iPhone XS charges fine in its leather flip case but if I fold the case back so screen visible and double case thickness between Charing pad and phone then it doesn’t charge.

My iPhone XS charges fine in its leather flip case but if I fold the case back so screen visible and double case thickness between Charing pad and phone then it doesn’t charge.
Thanks for this info. I’ve tried mine out of its case, directly on the mat and it still won’t have it. So it’s got to be the charger.

Just to be sure, do you have the phone in the box with the screen up? It won't charge with the screen facing down

Just to be sure, do you have the phone in the box with the screen up? It won't charge with the screen facing down
Screen up on mine. Wireless charging pad is on back of phone that’s why it’s glass now after years of metal back iPhones.

These wireless charging mats often break. If you still have warranty go back to Audi. Lots of other posts on here about defective pads and after replacement, the problem is resolved. Let us know how you get on.

These wireless charging mats often break. If you still have warranty go back to Audi. Lots of other posts on here about defective pads and after replacement, the problem is resolved. Let us know how you get on.

Thanks, I do still have warranty so will definitely go and get this checked out at Audi. Especially as it’s a common fault. Will post up results once I’ve been.

Car went into the dealer today. They are changing the charger under warranty, so hopefully it should be working once I get the car back.

Reactions: s3mad_dude and B33r