Wireless Android Auto

Grolli

Reaction score
Apologies if this has been discussed previously but does anyone know if Android Auto works wirelessly in the RS3 8Y or does it still require a cable? I know Apple Carplay is wireless but that's no use to me.

Thanks in advance.

Apologies if this has been discussed previously but does anyone know if Android Auto works wirelessly in the RS3 8Y or does it still require a cable? I know Apple Carplay is wireless but that's no use to me.

Thanks in advance.

Still a cable by all accounts.

Although you can buy a third party box to make it wireless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well that's disappointing. Ordered in Feb and still no build week so maybe that will change when the thing actually gets built.

My RS3 is wireless Android Auto. Maybe previous cars didn't have it but new orders do.

Oh, happy days then. Thanks for letting me know, fella.
It seems every RS3 8Y has it as standard; I think if we were to check pre 2022 A3 8Y models then they might not have it but for the RS3 it does.

My RS3 has wireless android auto, but it is hit and miss if it connects. Connecting by cable seems to work all the time.

Well that's disappointing. Ordered in Feb and still no build week so maybe that will change when the thing actually gets built.

There is a thread about it in the 8Y A3 section and most report it being hit and miss.

Maybe it’s better these days after a few updates. Works fine with IPhone though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Turn off Bluetooth and back on the android phone and it will auto reconnect with AA wireless - IF it didn’t load up by itself