Wipes when it should Wash !

Chrisavant

Reaction score
My A4 Avant 2.5 Tdi has just come up with a new trick - she now runs the rear wiper when the front washers are requested (ie pull stalk towards steering wheel)

The washers don't start at all.

The rear wiper still works correctly when the stalk is in the normal position for this (ie pushed furthest away from steering wheel)

This had never occurred before and started immediately from start of trip after standing for a few days.

Anybody had this before? I've searched through hundreds of threads, but can't seem to find any similar.

I would welcome any opinions - is it likely to be sticking relay (if so which one and where would be an added bonus) or is this function related to software and might possibly reset with a battery disconnect?

Any help from the astonishing expertise on this forum would be very much appreciated, and thanks for previous topics. Chris :think:

Scant consolation I'm sure, but I have never heard of that before!

Check the fuses for the washer pump. Not sure if it's similar to things like older Polo's but when the fuse on them blow's only the wipers work normally just the rear one at all wiper switch positions

As above, my OH's Polo blew it's washer motor fuse when it was iced up and all sorts of crazy things happened - window controllers not working, mirror adjusters doing the opposite of what they're told. Replaced fuse, all working fine.

Many thanks to Ian-83 and benjie. Replaced fuse no 37 (25A) and hey presto it all works properly again although for the life of me I can't understand why! Cheers. Chris :yes:

****** Audi and there electrics!! say no more!