WIpers

sks

Reaction score
New car 2k miles
Wipers judder a lot especially on the way back down - is this a common 'fault' that 'happens to all rs3s'?
Hardly used the wipers so shouldn't be happening - it's like they are too tight to the screen.

Obviously wondering whether to go back to Audi or just buy some myself to save the hastle vs fight for the principle lol

Annoyingly for a new expensive car...Its very common.

Most people who suffer just swap them out for decent Bosch twin blade items. Problem solved.

Jungle

Common for Audi or RS3?
Never come across it on any of the new cars my family and I have owned - ever
Will look into the blades, thanks

Common on S3/RS3... A3 8v platform.

Reactions: AudiNutta
Very common Audi problem, I've had juddering wiper blades on a TTS, A1, S3 and RS3. Had to swap to Bosch on all of them. My current Bosch are still a bit noisy but at least don't seem to judder.

Very common Audi problem, I've had juddering wiper blades on a TTS, A1, S3 and RS3. Had to swap to Bosch on all of them. My current Bosch are still a bit noisy but at least don't seem to judder.

I think I need to get on this Bosch bandwagon!

But, I also very very rarely take my car out in the rain so :/

Ive found its a common problem on the MQB platform, had it on my 2015 Seat Leon and on my 2018 RS3.

I have found there are two things needed to stop it. First is to keep screen clean and not use any coatings, even a polished screen can cause issues. I can recommend Stoners Invisible Glass cleaner.

Second is to fit different wipers, I've tried many and found Valeo the best, VM388 is the set that will fit. Passenger side is slighlty shorter but doesnt impact performance. Bosch are good but noisy when they change direction at the end of the wipe stroke.

I have had the body protect on it so perhaps why it’s happening?
You would think it would glide easily over with it though.
I will check out valeo as hate noisy wipers

Thanks

I have found that anything on the screen will cause issues. Coatings are OK until they wear a little then they cause smearing,judder and noise. Because of that I just keep my screen clean.

Reactions: E15
My car is 24 days old and encountered rain for the first time today.....and the wipers judder. Couldn't believe it.

Another weird RS3 oddity.

My wipers are fine, just like my brakes.
They both do what they're supposed to just fine...:whistle2:

My wipers are fine. Perhaps they just need bedding in a little if it's the first time you have used them and they have been bone dry for so long?

Reactions: Powerenhancer
Zero judder here.

Audi do a great glass polish in a tiny little bottle. Amazing stuff and smooth wiper action afterwards and no smearing.

Also wipers harden over time and the oem ones are very good imo.

If judder is excessive and the glass is clean I’d get the angle of the wiper arm checked. There is a special vag tool that sets it against the glass correctly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk