Wipers not working

Pilch71

Reaction score
i I have just bought a 2009 A6 avant Le Mans which has a fault with the windscreen wipers. When I turn on the ignition I get the yellow automatic headlight/ automatic wipers defective and the wipers defective fault come up on the dash. My friend has plugged in his diagnostic and it came back with 3 faults 2 of them to do with the auto light / rain sensor and 1 for no communication with wiper motor. I have replaced the wiper motor/ linkage but I still have the same fault. Unfortunately I don't have the exact faults to post but I was wondering if anybody else has had this type of fault. Luckily i have another vehicle to use until I get this sorted. Any ideas would be really appreciated
Cheers Richard

Never heard of a wiper motor fault before on the A6, could be a fuse, or relay. I would check them first.

Could it be an issue with the bonnet switch?
I have heard of faulty switches on Octavias preventing the wipers from working.

Could it be an issue with the bonnet switch?
I have heard of faulty switches on Octavias preventing the wipers from working.
Not the bonnet switch as I can see it functioning on the dash display. Still waiting for my friend to bring his diagnostic back round so I can re scan the car and I want to check j 519 as this is the power control module wipers and lights. Has anybody else had any experience of changing one of these modules?

Hi I know this post is about 4 years old but I have the exact same problem and am totally stuck now did you ever find out the problem?

I've already changed my wiper motor and power control module.