Wipers, indicators, windows, horn, full beam, dash computer control thing failed

tonsofun

Reaction score
Ok, i have an A4 2001 2.5tdi i recently bought with a pretty large electrical fault.
So car driver perfect, but wipers, full beams, horn, indicators, electric windows don't work, they all stopped suddenly apparently.
From what I've searched and found it's looking like an ignition switch, or load reduction relay, but I can't find anything on this for the B6. Does anyone have a picture of where the relay is? Or details on this....handily I already had another car thats identical, so I can swap these over and see if it fixes the problem.

Think the relay for them is in the ecu box in your engine bay

Oh, ok i thought it would be under the dash like the b5, there's several relays there, and idea what they do?

So apparently that was done and showing no faults (have a mate coming on Friday with it to double check) have checked all fuses and relays, and can't see anything wrong, although,not sure I've found 'load reduction relay' to check!
Ignition switch has apparently been changed before i got it, cant be much else that it can be surely??

Hi,

I am desperate to find the solution to this, I have exact same problem, done so much reading, and changed steering control module but no luck and no answers online.... did you resolve it? Please let me know. iimms@sky.com