Stearless

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I've read on multiple forums that wipe service position can be activated by pushing the wiper stalk down once, instead of going through board computer, but no matter what I try it simply doesn't do it, and going through BC everytime I'm washing the car is kind of a hassle.
Is there a way to activate that through VCDS or am I missing something?
I tried turning ignition on then off and then pushing it
Tried on and then holding it, off and then holding, on, pushing it and then off, nothing works. Up or down. Tried basically every possible combination and it doesn't do it.

Side question: Is there a way to make convenient window opening closing setting not go away after every service (I'm assuming they are disconnecting the battery for some reason and it forgets the setting).

Thanks in advance!

We have a TT from 2008 and the service position can only be accessed from the Dash info system. No chance of ignition on then off followed by one push down on the stalk. The stalk method seems to be on lower spec models?

The stalk method works on cars with a BCM from ~2009

Prior to that the DIS method is needed (BCM cars still have the DIS option)

The stalk method works on cars with a BCM from ~2009

Prior to that the DIS method is needed (BCM cars still have the DIS option)
Well my A3 is a facelift 2009 model, shouldn't it have it then?

I have a CDLA engine in my FL S3 and i just do the igintion on/off and then just push stalk down once and wipers go in middle off windscreen

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

My November 2006 build (so 2007 model) S-line needs a single push down (after turning ignition off) on the wiper stalk to get the wipers into the service position…..
If IIRC it’s the same with my sisters 2011 A3 8P convertible …….