Wiper motor, Does it need to be coded?

guysy

Reaction score
My friend has a 2004 3.2 quattro 8P...

His wipers have been playing up ever since he has had them, they would stop half way, then do other weird things, now he's telling me they have completely stopped.

He's asked me to look into it for him, he checked the linkage himself and it was fine...

He has now been to an Audi dealer for inspection and they have told him the wiper motor has gone, and they want £500 to put a new motor and linkage? in and code it? to the car

Does the motor need to be coded?

He doesn't have HIDs, but doesn't know if they have been fitted previously (im just saying after reading about the HIDs killing motors stuff)

My 2004 A3's have exhibited odd behaviours too. Im not aware of them needing coding though. £500 is kinda steep!

I've replaced mine recently, I think these tend to go on audi a3 8p very often. I bought a second 1 on ebay for £20-30 I think.....and my dad installed it.

when mine went because i put in hid's it cost the best part of £350 and that was in a private garage so £500 from a main dealer doesnt sound that bad not sure if they needed to be coded to the car tho soz

My friend has a 2004 3.2 quattro 8P...

His wipers have been playing up ever since he has had them, they would stop half way, then do other weird things, now he's telling me they have completely stopped.

He's asked me to look into it for him, he checked the linkage himself and it was fine...

He has now been to an Audi dealer for inspection and they have told him the wiper motor has gone, and they want £500 to put a new motor and linkage? in and code it? to the car

Does the motor need to be coded?

He doesn't have HIDs, but doesn't know if they have been fitted previously (im just saying after reading about the HIDs killing motors stuff)

the wiper motor is on its wway out ive experienced the same symptoms before my changeover

Cheers for the replys fellas...

Anyone got a manufactures code for the wiper motor?

Just want to make sure i get the right one...

**** me thats gone up, i was 110 2 years ago (minus fitting and vat)

Don't blame me mate - that's the price (before VAT increase ) quoted in ETKA revision 7.2 Update 835 ! (last Saturday ! )

If you've got ETKA it's illustration 955-00 item 1

Probably get one on ebay for £100 but please don't shoot the messenger :notme:

Cheers for the help lads,

Any other audi models/spec the motor is the same in? so he can search? say for a very rough example 1.8 a3 etc

Cheers for the help lads,

Any other audi models/spec the motor is the same in? so he can search? say for a very rough example 1.8 a3 etc

Not sure what you mean ? The wiper motor is the same in all models ( unsurprisingly ) dependent on year.

What is he wanting to search for - something cheaper on the off-chance it might fit !??

Not sure what you mean ? The wiper motor is the same in all models ( unsurprisingly ) dependent on year.

What is he wanting to search for - something cheaper on the off-chance it might fit !??

No i just wanted to know what you've just said,

I.e. if a motor from a 2004 a3 would fit etc, not something cheaper on the off chance,

Thanks.

The wipers of the 8P model are all the same though the part number has changed over the years. Over the years the revsion number at the end of the code has changed but any revision will work but the later ones are less likely to pack in again.

My wipers stopped working out of the blue with no symptoms beforehand. I bought a new wiper motor of eBay last week and they still don't work.what else could it be. the washers work but no wipers