wiper doesn't work :(

Amir

Reaction score
i've done a search about this already and tried to use wd-40 for few days but it hasn't helped much at all especially whilst it's been raining past few days.

when using my wipers they'll come up about 2 3 inches if that and then i need to push them down my self. so what's faulty exactly what do I need to buy?

A new windscreen wiper mechanism. Will cost about £70

There's a "how to" guide on here somewhere, if you don't find it I'll have a look for it later.

is that basically a new motor then? £70 from dealership or ebay second hand jobby? I'm not a DIY person :( so I'll be getting my mate who's an electrician to fit it for me.

Hey, mine went the other day a right pain in this weather. I took it off yesterday and to be honest it wasnt that hard. Just a lot of plastic to strip off first from around the screen and ecu.

Hey, mine went the other day a right pain in this weather. I took it off yesterday and to be honest it wasnt that hard. Just a lot of plastic to strip off first from around the screen and ecu.

the windscreen motor is it then? do you have the part number where did you buy it from and cost please?
thanks

nope its not the motor, its the linkage/spindels

part number: U8E2 955 603 C I13 BRACKET

is what it says on me invoice £65.67

also order the wiper scuttle as its highly likely to break on you

part number: USE2 819 403 A0 1C WATER DEFLECTOR

costs £14.73

had to replace mine a few weeks ago

took around an hour to 90 minutes

Sorry mate I can't tell you how much it costs because I haven't brought a new motor yet as I was hoping it would be a standard Bosch item.

But as for it being the spindals and linkage:- That is what I initially expected but the RAC bloke said no so I just took his word.