Wiper blades

Henno005

Reaction score
Has anyone tried to change the wiper blades for the 8 y yet. Seem to be a different fitting and no one seems to stock them

Has anyone tried to change the wiper blades for the 8 y yet. Seem to be a different fitting and no one seems to stock them
When I looked I couldn’t find any on the Bosch website, they take a fair while to update for some reason.

Has anyone changed out their wiper blades yet? None of the Valeo/Bosch websites have a listing for the s3 yet.

Thanks guys but trying to go with Bosch or valeo ones, better than the genuine Audi ones imo

What is better ?.
Bosch or Valeo wiper blades are better than the genuine Audi ones imo. Having used both on previous cars over the last 10 years they’ve always out performed the genuine manufacturer ones and they usually cost less too.

Bosch A332H appears to be the correct fit for the rear. Ordered one will confirm once it arrives, only £7 on Amazon.

did you find alternative blades for you s3. Mine are jumping all over the place. Ive clayed, used vinegar, polished, the oem blades must be the issue!

did you find alternative blades for you s3. Mine are jumping all over the place. Ive clayed, used vinegar, polished, the oem blades must be the issue!
Used my S3 in the rain for the first time and the wipers are jumping so badly they were hitting the side trim. I assumed it was the Gardex treatment not been cleaned off probably by the dealer. I've polished the glass thoroughly so fingers crossed it improves with screen wash use and glass polishes.

Ok, my issue was on an A1 but exactly the same as you guys report and the only resolution for me (and I did consider brickin' the windscreen) was:

We now use 'em on our TT, RS3 and SQ5 and zero issues. And yes, we know they cost £s more but they last longer, and if the professional RALLY boys use 'em then PIAA must be doing something right! Just saying... Try 'em or carry on with the vibrations :blink:

Omg....just replaced with Bosch A985s as now in market and immediatley the problem fixed!!!. Poor show from audi though, how hard can it be to replicate bosch and make a decent set of blades. Looking forward to driving in the rain now

Has anyone else had an issue with the rear wiper blade screeching across the glass?

I've had this since new, Audi replaced the wiper blade last year but the new blade did the exact same within a matter of days. I've polished the glass to get rid of contaminants and wiped the blade but nothing helps.

When looking in the rear view mirror it appears it the last couple of inches near the tip of the blade that's causing the constant droning noise as if the wiper arm isn't allowing the blade to sit fully flat.

Anyone else had this issue and have an idea how to rectify it?

Had something similar - cured it by reseating the rubber blade in the supporting arms that hold against the glass

Reactions: SteveF1
Buy some surgical spirit from your local pharmacy or Isopropyl alcohol off amazon give you glass a good clean dry it and apply the surgical spirit or alcohol wiping thr rear glass clean with ideally a glass cloth or microfibre cloth. For good measure wash the blades with fairy/washing up liquid using warm water and an old soft toothbrush wipe dry and wipe down with alcohol / surgical spirit.
LET ME KNOW HOW YOU GET ON?

Buy some surgical spirit from your local pharmacy or Isopropyl alcohol off amazon give you glass a good clean dry it and apply the surgical spirit or alcohol wiping thr rear glass clean with ideally a glass cloth or microfibre cloth. For good measure wash the blades with fairy/washing up liquid using warm water and an old soft toothbrush wipe dry and wipe down with alcohol / surgical spirit.
LET ME KNOW HOW YOU GET ON?
This weekend I used glass polish on the rear screen and finished off with glass cleaner, the thing was super clean.

I took the blade off and washed it in warm water and removed any dirt with rubbing alcohol but it still screeches across the screen.

It's due for a service in the next week, I'll ask them to replace the wiper but if this next one does it I might as well buy a Bosch blade and see if that helps.

I just replaced the wiper blades on my car as they have screeched since I bought the car, even though i treated windows with H2GO.
I would recommend you buy new ones and hopefully it will fix the problem

Reactions: SteveF1
This weekend I used glass polish on the rear screen and finished off with glass cleaner, the thing was super clean.

I took the blade off and washed it in warm water and removed any dirt with rubbing alcohol but it still screeches across the screen.

It's due for a service in the next week, I'll ask them to replace the wiper but if this next one does it I might as well buy a Bosch blade and see if that helps.
I had the same issue with my works pool car - Seat Leon

Put Bosch wipers on - Problem gone

Reactions: Moots, Pinky1959 and SteveF1
I got a bosch wiper for the rear window last week. A301H perfect fit.

Reactions: markdg