Wiper arms and wiper blades

M4KTT

Reaction score
My wiper arms have corroded at the mounting point and has peeled the paint off...common problem I believe with the arms....
so I've decided to tidy the car up , I'm tempted to buy new arms that will let me fit the aero style wiper blades as my blades now need replacing... I've tried searching the site and the internet but can't find the exact info I'm after.

I'm hoping someone on here has done the conversion and can help me out..

I either want the aero arms and blades,

or

I will paint my existing arms, and source retro fit aero blades..

has anyone got links or prices that will help me decide???

I've got the stupid audi specific clips on my existing arms...

pic.JPG

I don't know what is the cost of doing that but wouldn't it be easier to get Valeo Silencio wipers frome bay for about £30?
These are really, really good and very similar to original audi ones. My wiper arms are corroded as well and will be looking for new ones + valeo wipers.

Yeah a common prob this is.Ive just redone mine.

If you PM 'pjmspeedy' he'll get hold of some Aero wiper kit for you. I reckon your looking at around £80ish for the set.

I resprayed my original arms with satin black Hammerite and they looked really good.

You might find a pair of Aero arms on ebay, they are rare but do come up, I paid just under £50 for mine IIRC. Failing that as J7 said, pjm's your man :)

I'm not aware of any retrofit aero blades that will fit the original arms due to the Audi specific blade fixings.

I've messaged every s-line breaker advert on ebay...... ;-) thinking outside the box..

got myself a set off an 07 including the blades delivered for 35quid. :)

I've messaged every s-line breaker advert on ebay...... ;-) thinking outside the box..

got myself a set off an 07 including the blades delivered for 35quid. :)

Bargain! A Good finding there mate!

When did the aero wipers become 'standard'?

Might go down the breaker route too!

M4KTT - have you got them yet? All OK?

They came standard in the very last B6's possibly just the S-Lines, but late 2003 onwards I think.

For a swap do we need only arms or motors as well?

Thanks Guys - bagged some off eBay so will wait and see if they are the DB's (off a 2yr old car so should be in goo nick)

Slepy - I've been told it's a straight swap over of the arms and blades - no need for new motors

CM

For a swap do we need only arms or motors as well?

Just the arms mate, although for ease of operation you might want to pick up a tool for removing wiper arms, they cost about a tenner but well worth it IMO.

All the B6s after then buddy .

Yeah late B6's and all B7's had them, sorry if I didnt word my post very well!

Any idea if arms fit from convertible to saloon?