Winter wheels setup

Antonyb

Reaction score
Hi,

I am sure there’s a thread with this subject covered but I am looking at getting a set of 18in winter wheels and tyres for the allroad.

what do people run? Also can I go with any Audi A6 wheel? Think my et is 41 on the standard 19inch speedlines.
But seen A6 18in wheels with Et of 37! Will there be any difference in drive/rubbing etc?

cheers
Ant

If you have 18” wheels just now, you can use the same size (will be stamped inside the wheel)

If your on larger than 18” alloys then you should consider using the same size, that way for sure you won’t have any issues.

Different models have different size brake set ups, so don’t assume an 18” set up you’ve seen on one A6 will fit your A6

I run some A6 19” alloys on my S7, with a set of winter tires, so you could also look at A7 alloys

ET37 is the normal offset for the A6. You should be fine with up to 5mm offset (32-42), although standard is preferable.

I got a set of wheels off eBay seller germanwheelsdirect.

If you look in the Parts Database you will see the correct wheel offset defined for the wheel sizes for an Allroad.

John.

Cheers for the replies,

I have seen a set on eBay with a offset et37 7.5x18 With Dunlop winter sp 3D tyres.

my current wheels are the speedline 8.5x19 et41.

Will I be ok running these? I take it there is 4mm difference and the smaller wheels will Sit further in the arch?

thanks again

Cheers for the replies,

I have seen a set on eBay with a offset et37 7.5x18 With Dunlop winter sp 3D tyres.

my current wheels are the speedline

I fail to see how going from a non-standard wheel with a non-standard offset to a standard A6 wheel with a standard offset can be anything but an improvement.

My current wheels are the standard speedline allroad 19in,

I am interested to know if the et difference of 37 to the standard 41 will cause a issue.

The reason I will be choosing a 18in is smaller/narrow wheel for the snow and cheaper costs and more options in the future when I replace the tyres.

I will purely be running the wheels from a safety point of view and nothing to do with looks.

I'd have thought the different offset is from the bigger 19" wheels running slightly wider tyres, the offset will be different to keep the centre line of the tyre in the same place.
It is worth noting that the A6 and Allroad use different sized tyres so keep that in mind when ebay hunting