Winter wheels for B9 S Line?

AlrightSquire

Reaction score
Just got my car last week, it's a 2017 B9 S Line with 19" wheels.

Does anyone know what wheels I would need for winter? Ideally 17" if these would fit.

Thanks

My S4 had 19s and I dropped to 18s for winter as a) specified as OEM on door sticker and B) any smaller wouldn’t clear brakes...

Reactions: AlrightSquire
I am having a set of 18 inch et29 A5 alloys powder coated satin black at the moment which will then have Bridgestone LM005's 245/40/18's fitted, sourced from Oponeo as was no stock in Uk at time of order.
From what I have ascertained, the offset will nicely clear the s4 calipers, so should be fine for your s-line too.
Pick them up tomorrow though wont fit them for a couple more weeks...
A few sets on ebay from around £300
Part no is 8T0 601 025CC

Reactions: AlrightSquire
17inch wheels will fit on the 2017 B9 A4. I got the genuine winter wheels from a B8. The offset is different but use 10mm spacers with them that I normally run with my summer wheels and that corrects the offset virtually to what it should be in the B9. 17inch wheels do not look great on an A4 but wanted to have the option of fitting chains on them when I go to the Alps. Apparently you cannot fit standard chains in 18 or 19inch wheels appart from some few very expensive ones. If you want to run chains then your offset needs to be correct to give the chains enough clearance.

Thanks for the replies, I see different thoughts on whether 17s would clear calipers, that's why I asked cos I searched and found different opinions so wasn't sure.

The reason I wanted to go 17" is the wheels and tyres are much cheaper, to go to 18" it would be cheaper just to buy 19" winter tyres and risk the wheels.

Hey, Have you managed to fit 17inch wheels to your S line? If so, what ET and rim it was?
I am looking into these

Screenshot 2021 12 06 130024

but have same concerns about callipers clearance.

I think the s line or 190hp models come with bigger brakes. For those who have fitted 17inch wheels you should clarify if you have the newer style 4 pot brakes or the older ones

I think the s line or 190hp models come with bigger brakes. For those who have fitted 17inch wheels you should clarify if you have the newer style 4 pot brakes or the older ones
I think they are two pistons callipers. It is early 2016 2.0 190 hp quattro.

In case anyone has the same dilema. Yes 17 inch non sline wheels will fit sline models. No problems with front brakes.
20211209 132344

Greg. I had a 3.0TDI 218 Sport B9 (2017) and it came with those exact 17" rims as standard. So I'd be extremely surprised if a 4 pot diesel would have bigger brakes than that.

@Aldi-Sport Chap me too, however some people claimed that Sline versions have bigger front callipers and this is why they are delivered on 18inch wheels bla bla bla..... There is an evidence that they are not :)