Facelift Winter wheel suggestions

Alex L

Reaction score
It’s probably a good time to start looking for a second set of wheels for winter tyres, before the rush later in the year.

Ideally I’d like steel wheels but suspect they don’t make such things that clear the calipers?

Does anyone have any suggestions for wheels, probably 18 inch as tyres will be cheaper and no harm in having a little extra rubber cushioning than the rubber bands currently on the car.

I’m not looking to spend thousands as I’ve still got a full set of AMG winter wheels that I’ve not managed to shift from the old C63. Something that looks ok and fairly resilient to pothole damage.

I’m pretty sure an 18” Wheel will fit over the callipers on the RS3 I’m afraid.

U mean will “not”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve learnt lessons of late on shining a negative light on threads so I’m trying to retain a somewhat positive outlook, but no they are very unlikely to fit.

I’ve learnt lessons of late on shining a negative light on threads so I’m trying to retain a somewhat positive outlook, but no they are very unlikely to fit.

Matt , reread your original post . I think u meant to say will not . Rather than will .
That’s all I was pointing out .

Neuspeed has two different 18’s that fit, RSe52 or RSe10.

Matt , reread your original post . I think u meant to say will not . Rather than will .
That’s all I was pointing out .

Oh yes, silly me... I’m blaming the jet lag from my 2 hour flight Saturday night ;)

18”

c9eebcd718685654888a658c4570f9fd.png

Reactions: NevMan
Why buy new wheels when you can just swap the tires and save the money for your next car? :)

Why buy new wheels when you can just swap the tires and save the money for your next car? :)
For me . Two fold . 1) Don’t want the hassle of having to get them swapped balanced etc every season plus the potential damage in swapping them from rubbish fitters. 2) in the winter I dont want to be religious cleaning the salt and crud off my wheels , happy to have a set I care less about . To be honest given my ocd will prob look after them just as well .!! Guess now I’m being told you can fit 18,s 3rd reason , better choice of winter rubber on 18’s .

Reactions: NevMan and jungle650
For me . Two fold . 1) Don’t want the hassle of having to get them swapped balanced etc every season plus the potential damage in swapping them from rubbish fitters. 2) in the winter I dont want to be religious cleaning the salt and crud off my wheels , happy to have a set I care less about . To be honest given my ocd will prob look after them just as well .!! Guess now I’m being told you can fit 18,s 3rd reason , better choice of winter rubber on 18’s .

1) Let someone with experience change them.
2) You have probably sold the car long before the salt does any damage.
3) I would personally never put 18's on a performance car but each to their own.

I guess the main reason why i dont buy new wheels is because the car looks so riced up with aftermarket wheels and OEM is so ridiculously expensive.

3) I would personally never put 18's on a performance car but each to their own.

I guess the main reason why i dont buy new wheels is because the car looks so riced up with aftermarket wheels and OEM is so ridiculously expensive.
Wow . Only offering my views fella .
Each to their own .

I’m looking for winters too. A key point for me is what is the approved winter tyre size specified by Audi. Using this makes insurance less risky in case of a bump. Believe they only approve 19’s?

Bear in mind all 18” do not fit the 8V RS3.

I posted the picture because this same question was brought up on another thread and I pointed out the 8V tyre pressure label doesn’t give any pressures for an 18” because most wont fit.
However after some research the ones above do fit, not sure why anyone would want 18” though

I bought some 19” RS6 reps from LDprestige and have used them for 2 winters now with zero issues.

Reactions: Powerenhancer and NevMan
Does that definitely include the tyre, or is it just saying what size wheel and therefore tyre is needed?
In the description is says wheel and tyre

0bca29e9ce61ecffef2f73072546788c.jpg

Reactions: D0C
I can't get that link to work, it just takes me to a page with every Audi wheel option
The links seems to have stopped working correctly. Click on it and type 3649 into the search bar at the top. 3649 is part of the part number for the wheel and tyre combo.

The links seems to have stopped working correctly. Click on it and type 3649 into the search bar at the top. 3649 is part of the part number for the wheel and tyre combo.

That narrows it down to 10 different wheels, from about 625 Euros up

That narrows it down to 10 different wheels, from about 625 Euros up
Well for me it shows just the one wheel, maybe try the full part number 8V5073649 LD8

4b80140de307479de60e8f52da0dc054.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Alex L
Sorry, not winter wheel/tyre but APR seem quite happy run 18" on their car for both drag and road use...

Screenshot 20180724 060741

I’ve just sold the winter wheels and tyres for the old C63 so now looking for a set for the RS3

I’m not looking for a really fancy set of wheels or anything lightweight.

Any ideas, other than those previously suggested above

Not necessarily. Got OEM 18”s from Germany with full TUV for under £500

I’d like 18s which will give a slightly softer ride and tyres are cheaper

I’ve found some wheels that I’m advised will fit the RS3

They’re 225/40/19 with a PCD of 5x112

Can anyone confirm whether these will definitely be compatible?

Which offset did you get? Ldprestige will only recommend 19 x 8.5 ET35 when the stock offset is ET46 for an 8.5J wheel on the saloon. I would have thought the ET45 option would fit better but they won't supply it.?

Bear in mind all 18” do not fit the 8V RS3.

I posted the picture because this same question was brought up on another thread and I pointed out the 8V tyre pressure label doesn’t give any pressures for an 18” because most wont fit.
However after some research the ones above do fit, not sure why anyone would want 18” though

I bought some 19” RS6 reps from LDprestige and have used them for 2 winters now with zero issues.