1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Winter Tyres

bobby_s3 Dec 12, 2017

1. bobby_s3

bobby_s3 Active Member

Does anyone run winter tyres on there RS3 here?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. 45bvtc

45bvtc Well-Known Member Supporter Team Cornflower Blue Team Daytona Gold Supporter Team Sahara Silver Audi RS3 Audi TT Audi A1

Are you ****in serious, bobby?

SNOW_BLUEY 749.jpg SNOW_BLUEY 750.JPG SNOW_BLUEY 7473.jpg

The most AMAZING machine EVER on snow with proper rubber....

My road now, 3-days after the darn stuff dropped: just been out and back (needed red-wine for the stew) in BLUEY on snow rubber...

snow.JPG

MEGA fun for a 72-year old with an RS3 on suitable rubber.... :superman:

Arkious and bobby_s3 like this.
  4. bobby_s3

bobby_s3 Active Member

Ha! Ye I’m being serious, I’m more curious as I have never ran winter tyres but I was wanting to buy a set and by the looks of your pictures they seem well worth it!

Which ones do you have?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

45bvtc likes this.
  5. 45bvtc

45bvtc Well-Known Member Supporter Team Cornflower Blue Team Daytona Gold Supporter Team Sahara Silver Audi RS3 Audi TT Audi A1

I run Vredestein Wintrac Xtream on both my RS3 and TT, just brilliant. Not wanting to overspend on the A1 (front-wheel drive) I fitted TOYO Snowprox, again superb. On my 8L S3 I had Sottozero. I've always been a winter rubber fan.

Whatever you choose will provide improved/safer braking and traction.

Summer rubber below 7deg C is a no no.

I wouldn't drive on summer rubber at them ambient temperatures and for sure I wouldn't let my wife; you choose.

And they save your summer rubber use. And, when you sell the RS3, you can sell 'em on. Not rocket science, if you know what I mean...

6. 45bvtc

And if only to compare:

BLUEY TYRES_Winter_Summer 1.jpg

For the record: purchase BLUEY in October 2011. Purchased a set of OEM rotor wheels an Vredestein winter rubber the same month. 6-years on and still using the same winter wheels and tyres (and they are still saleable).

Do you get my safety/economic drift...
    :racer:

ALL my cars have winter/summer rubber, tis the only contact they (I/we) have with terra firma.

7. 45bvtc

Like I say, my road now, 3-days since snow fall, and everyway AWAY is steeply DOWN and every way back is steeply UP.

Winter rubber is NO question for me should I want to shop and sleep in my own bed, which I do.

snow.JPG

And yes, that is an A1 Black Edition 185bhp (on winter rubber) on the right-hand side of the photo, snow covered, still...

Might/could rain tonight/tomorrow, maybe...

8. Gazwould

Gazwould Well-Known Member

9. 45bvtc

Same as there's 100s of professional roadtesters who LOVE the Audi RS3, or maybe not.

What suits one doesn't suit all, pays yer money and takes yer choice; I did/have and am 100% content with the Vredesteins - purchased in 2011 - and from the wear rate reckon they'll do a few more years yet. Keeping the RS3 for 10-years and I'm thinking they'll do 4-more winters.

What winter tyres do you use, Gazwould?

10. Gazwould

Gazwould Well-Known Member

Chinese summer budgets with mud and snow on the sidewall .

11. 45bvtc

Show me, on yours....