Winter tyre/wheel combo’s

KitMan

Reaction score
As it’s coming to the end of the year soon (2018 has flown by) I was wondering what winter combos you guys run.

I’d love you buy a set of 18” 10 Y spoke gloss block (attached pic) that you can spec on the black ed but it seems you can’t buy them from Audi?

Attachments

• 691E227E-4CF9-4E63-BF4D-7E0AFEFAD9F7.jpeg
    691E227E-4CF9-4E63-BF4D-7E0AFEFAD9F7.jpeg
    12.8 KB · Views: 106
Personally i don't bother with winter tyres. But depends what sort of car you have and conditions you drive in.
Unless you live in the highlands, out in the sticks or have a rear wheel drive car 99% of cars won't require winter tyres.
However this will open a massive debate i'm sure! Drive to the conditions you're faced with a little common sense and all is fine.

It begins again. Search the forum to see some mass debates :blink: from last winter. I stayed with summers with a pair of snow socks in the boot. I live at the top of a steep windy hill that does not get gritted. When it snowed, put on the snow socks and I breezed up.

At them moment I have a BMW 1 series but hoping to grab a A4 very soon. I have a set of winters and as you said Baj257 I definitely needed them last winter! I could move with ease and safely too in snow. I probably would still get a set for the A4 as even if it doesn’t snow, winters in cold weather are so much better grip and safety wise.

I have a friend that has the B8 and was skidding everywhere on summers last winter but he was on 19” alloys tho