1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Winter is coming

jarnold231 Sep 29, 2019

1. jarnold231

jarnold231 Registered User

In preparation for increasingly inclement weather I am working on winterising my A4.

Step 1: Buy coilover and raise ride height (thanks to Hogg)
    Step 2: Buy winter wheels + winter tyres.

Need some help on step 2 - think it would be prudent to get some smaller and thinner wheels. Found someone locally selling some 17" A3 wheels - 7.5 wide, ET56 (* suspected, but the alloys aren't OEM and aren't stamped, but were for a 2011 A3 2,0TDI which has ET56).

My current wheels are ET40 and fit fine, but I've got S4 brake calipers on the front. My understanding is that they will fit a 17" wheel, but probably not one with an offset of 56.

Do people concur, and if so - would it be a bad idea to get these wheels and use spacers? They're going cheap at with decent winter tyres on them.

Any thoughts greatly appreciated.

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. Pedrödelabongo

Pedrödelabongo Guest

I fitted a set of 17" wheels from a B6 on my old 170 Quattro for winter.
    There are a few disc diameters for these cars, so checking is king.
    ET56 might not fit - when I bought my wheels, I asked if I could try a pair on to check to see that they'd fit alright. Might be an idea of you could do the same?
    There's s thread on here about ET, tyre widths, diameters etc - bit of a minefield to be fair!

jarnold231 likes this.