Winter alloys?

SmileyS3

Reaction score
So, was thinking of buying some alloys and putting Winter tyres on them. Just don't fancy having some Cowboys scratching my normal alloys by changing the tyres over.
Anyways, it's not definite but what older alloys could I put on?
If I look for Audi alloys on eBay....can I just stick any audi 18" alloys on?

You'll need a bolt pattern of 5x112 (hatchback or sportback at least). Plus you don't want to wander loads away from the factory offset. Not sure of that off the top of my head though. Sure someone will be along with It soon

Stock wheels are 18" x 7.5J x ET51.

But if you use this website www.willtheyfit.com this should keep you right when speccing 3rd party makes with different offset etc.. :)

Thanks guys! Probably just leave it...looks like an expensive idea!

Ive got some winter tyres on steel wheels and hubcaps, only used for one winter, if your interested? If so PM me.

Remember to get the correct centre bore. I have winter sets for both cars and although a bit of cash to get them initially, it saves wear on your summer tyres, drives much better in the wet/cold and I can swap them myself every year.

I use a spare set of OE titanium optional multi spoke S3 wheel bought on this forum, with a decent jack takes me 30mins to swop wheels.
Keep an eye out for people changing wheels then offer them a few quid for the old set, sure there is an initial cost but you will always get a decent amount of cash back when you sell the car/wheels as there is always a market for decent nick used OE rims.