Wingers Build Thread

winger

Reaction score
hi guys. new to the site and thought id start a little build thread. had my a3 a month or so now and this is what iv done so far

collection day and you can just make out the orange ST in the background I traded in

the garage was good enough to refurbish the alloys in a colour of my choice :) . I went for gun metal grey but I think I will get them powder coated black

plasti dipped grille

the dip came off the badge after a while so I got hold of a nice gloss black one and added the s line badge ;)

de bagged back end and changed the rings to gloss black :)

fitted HID plate lights, very bright I must say. not really sure if there legal :/ also added black s line badge. 50/50 on this one but its growing on me, I think lol

was going to spray wing mirror covers black but being a rough handed so and so iv cracked the mirror :/ oops, didn't take much either so I might leave that one for now. or when I replace it ill get the garage to take them both off

only small touches but I think its made a big difference. thanks for looking

Last edited:
Reactions: grchmason and B30villain
Mirrors are easy to remove when you know how! You don't want to pull it from the side because it will crack like yours . You have to tilt the mirror so it faces downwards first. This will allow you to stick a finger (or screwdriver ) behind the mirror from top and gently pop it out. It won't crack if done from top rather then side! Nice ride btw!;)

Last edited:
thanks maiky. shame I didn't know how lol. so do you have to pull it towards you or pull down? ill try the cracked side again see how that goes.

First thing you want to do is to move the mirror using the joystick on drivers door so it's facing the ground. Tilt it all the way down so you have a gap to stick either a slim finger or more likely a flat headed screwdriver (be careful not to scratch your casing) behind the mirror from top. Then pull (with a finger) or praise (with a screwdriver) the mirror towards you until it pops out. It doesn't require much pressure!

ok cool, I obviously got the wrong angle. I was thinking to myself ''this is gonna crack in a minuet'' then it did lol. all being well ill get the painted covers up soon :)

Car is looking a lot better now.

Not convinced with the badges, but other than that it gets a resounding thumbs up here.

Car is looking a lot better now.

Not convinced with the badges, but other than that it gets a resounding thumbs up here.

thanks warren. I had one left over after changing the wing badges so I thought id give it a try.

Car is looking good mate.... Black and White is always the best combo, although big Anthracite wheels on White does look very good also...

I had this issue with my numberplate LEDs lighting half the street up as I drove down it... I took mine apart and blocked off half the LEDs and have to admit it looks subtly a lot better.... Only lights up the part its meant to now ha

Reactions: winger
Car is looking good mate.... Black and White is always the best combo, although big Anthracite wheels on White does look very good also...

I had this issue with my numberplate LEDs lighting half the street up as I drove down it... I took mine apart and blocked off half the LEDs and have to admit it looks subtly a lot better.... Only lights up the part its meant to now ha

NO BLACK RINGS COMMENT?? im amazed

I'll have to give it a bash mate. I'm sure I'm dazzling people behind me lol. Black on white way better than chrome ;)

I like the anthracite wheels - keep them, they're like oem black edition ones that came on that model :)

got the wing mirror replace :) but I cant figure out how to take the covers off! I unscrewed the 3 screws holding it in place but when trying to pull it off, nothing. is there a how to around?

Ok so it's Been a while since iv updated this.
iv changed my alloys for some older ronalds which I think stand out, and look deceptively bigger :). Cleaned off and painted the calipers red (as ya do). also had the wing mirrors wrapped gloss black. I put a set of wind deflectors on but at high speed (70mph)cough! they make a bit of noise, but they do look nice lol.
Yesterday was the best thing iv done so far. I had the EGR and DPF deleted with a custom remap from @Paul @ Unit 9 Remaps. Next week I'm having the back box deleted with a slightly bigger tail pipe. I'll put some before and afters up with video hopefully.

PicsArt 1438871120682
definitely getting some lowering springs with spacers at some point
PicsArt 1438871269388

PicsArt 1438872705618

Mods getting sorted by Paul.

Thank for looking, I'll let you know how the back box delete goes down ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: grchmason, Paul @ Unit 9 Remaps, Dan_anthony and 1 other person
Nice clean looking motor mate love it keep up the good work :)

Reactions: winger
Bit more work done yesterday. Had the back box deleted with a custom exhaust. Stuck with the twin tail pipe but it's slightly larger, and fits in just nice
DSC 0591 1024x768

DSC 0594 1024x768

DSC 0593 1024x768

DSC 0595 1024x768

PicsArt 1439462248995 1024x768

Fits like a glove, and doesn't stand out too much which is what I was after. Has a nice tone to it aswel. Get an unexpected deep burble to it around 2k revs :) I'll try getting a video up when I can stick a camera to the bumper lol

Reactions: grchmason and shadow1993
Well I managed to attach my phone to the back using a satnav holder and lots of tape lol.

Sounds awesome, lots of turbo whistle going on. :)

Reactions: kaybee, spencer361 and shadow1993
Brave man, putting your phone on there... Sounds very nice actually!

I had to stop half way just to make sure it was still on haha

Reactions: shadow1993
Well I managed to attach my phone to the back using a satnav holder and lots of tape lol.

Sounds awesome, lots of turbo whistle going on. :)

Wow mate, that sounds awesome.
Could you make an in car video by any chance?

Been a bit quiet over the winter, but now the sun has started to come out, so has the mods :)

Set about upgrading the front brake set up to a set of S3 discs and calipers. looks sooo much better, and I can definitely feel the stopping power

PhotoGrid 1459524446174

DSC 0507 1280x960

I like your RS4 style wheels mate, I might just buy them off you . I have to say the Ronals look really good on the facelift. Cars looking really good

Cheers mate. I might have the Ronals going soon if you fancy a change ;)

Reactions: Mujnu
Cheers mate. I might have the Ronals going soon if you fancy a change ;)

Haha you just want to clear out my bank account.

Get some tints on your car, it'll transform the look

Haha you just want to clear out my bank account.

Get some tints on your car, it'll transform the look

I think ill definitely be looking into that this summer. got a few things I want to do first though ;)

Reactions: Mujnu
Forgot to mention I iv also fitted 10mm and 12mm H&R Spacers.

10mm front on the right picture. Sits pretty much flush
PhotoGrid 1459866337306

12mm rear left picture. I think maybe 15's would be better, but on coilovers the 12's would sit nicely behind the arch I think.
PhotoGrid 1459866238693

Bit more done over the past week. Managed to get hold of some vmaxx coilovers so been playing around to find what looks good and what I can get away with lol.
DSC 0584 768x1024

PicsArt 06 20 121258

PicsArt 06 20 121157

Pretty much slammed to the deck Haha. I Get a bit of rubbing on full lock and it looks like the liner screw, which I'm hoping to take off. Is it as easy as that or is there more to it?

I Also get a bit of rubbing at the rear when going over bumps, which also looks like the liner. No screws by the looks of it so can I cut or trim it off?

Overall though the ride isn't as stiff as I thought but I do need to make some minor adjustments

Thanks for looking.

Reactions: Sandra
Hi guys I have decided to sell as I'm now looking for something bigger like an A4 Avant

£7500 ono

Message me for more details