Wingback Valuations Do Make Me Laugh

Dubjam

Staff member
VCDS Map User
Solutions
Reaction score
These have been up for sale for over a year now, it does make me laugh

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AUDI-RS3...236423?hash=item5d78a80787:g:rR4AAOSwa~BYQBsR

4k for a ten year old pair of seats for cars that are now less than 12k to buy..

and also with an illegal terms and conditions '20 percent restocking fee' WRONG! Someone needs to read the Consumer Contract Regulations 2013...

I thought at first there would be some mug who would pay it, but thankfully the intelligence of the Audi driver is somewhat higher than I expected :)

Cheers for your last comment Dubjam.......I think :)
I would find it difficult to pay an amount that would allow me to buy a reasonable second hand car, for just seats. Recaros are fantastic seats but there aren't that many terrible seats about in cars nowodays either.
Looking at their stock list, they don't do cheap, do they? The Recaros look to me to be the only decent thing they have but for £4k they would be as well putting them in their own car for all the likelihood they have of selling them, maybe that's what they have done.

Reactions: Dubjam
Agree the price is stupid but Good Luck finding an RS3 for less than 10K. And also show me a 10 year old RS3 as they were launched in 2011.

I am on the other side of the pond hemisphere so sportbacks are no longer being imported here. The a3 in Sportback will be a rare entity here in a few years so I plan on keeping mine as it will eventually be a fun thing to show up in. Recaros are nice and my God so expensive and I agree outrageous in price for the used market. I will wait and eventually all those greedy types will have to lower the price and I will eventually purchase.

...also with an illegal terms and conditions '20 percent restocking fee' WRONG! Someone needs to read the Consumer Contract Regulations 2013...

What is the law regarding restocking fees?

On the same note of overpriced items on ebay. Thought this was quite amusing.

Attachments

• Untitled23.png
    Untitled23.png
    259.7 KB · Views: 441
Crazy.
610£ shipping for both or one headlight?

lol, I dont think he realises that eBay charge the same fee on the postage as they do on the selling price, so either way, he gets stung for 10percent fees.

Law regarding restocking fees? - on items bought through distance selling means - ALL monies paid are to be refunded when the item returned, even outgoing delivery charges. That means no restocking fees, because that would then mean you are not refunding everything paid, therefore breaking consumer law.

No, some mug will pay!

They have been managed to be mugless for a year, but ya never know, some newbie will drop in and his eyes will light up. Will get a Capital One credit card, buy them, then wont be able to afford the payments and mum and dad have to bail him out :)

Law regarding restocking fees? - on items bought through distance selling means - ALL monies paid are to be refunded when the item returned, even outgoing delivery charges. That means no restocking fees, because that would then mean you are not refunding everything paid, therefore breaking consumer law.

I did some research since, and have found that you're only legally entitled to all monies paid if the seller doesn't outline any different in their terms and conditions, which means a restocking fee can be charged if outlined in their terms before point of sale.

I did some research since, and have found that you're only legally entitled to all monies paid if the seller doesn't outline any different in their terms and conditions, which means a restocking fee can be charged if outlined in their terms before point of sale.

Thats completely incorrect. Thats ONLY for instore purchase, anything distance sold, has to have all monies refunded. A companies 'terms and conditions' do not rule out UK Law. As much as some companies like those and many eBay business sellers like to think. This is a huge part of day job buddy, bread and butter to me shall we say.

Oh well! that's the bit where you are supposed to quote the Consumer and Trading Standards act 19?? "Oh well" what's that supposed to mean!
Seriously though I assume you work for trading Standards, Citizens Advice or similar?
Your going to hit me with the next one word answer that doesn't mean a thing, aren't you....go on then :)

Most of the Acts have now been incorporated into or associated to the Consumer Rights Act 2015. This Act doesn’t replace all previous acts in their entirety but enhances them.

So for example, I purchased a Ford Direct vehicle 12 months ago ( it was previously owned by Ford for 6 months) - it was essentially new and off the yard with the balance of the 3 year unlimited warranty. I have subsequently found out it was accident damaged - this wasn’t declared at the time of purchased which it should have been (I asked) but it also wasn’t a Categorised accident blah blah. Nevertheless, when speaking to Ford they’ve said I should have contact them within 6 months as per the Consumer Rights Act. My retort; I wouldn’t have expected a nearly new car, off the yard to have had such a repair so I wasn’t to know. Based on the price paid and age of the vehicle I’m covered by the The Sale and Supply of Goods to Consumers Regulations 2002, which is derived from EU Directive 1999/44/EU which became Clauses 48A to 48F inclusive of the Sale of Goods act in April 2003.

All still under the Consumer Rights Act 2015.

With respect to the topic of a re-stocking fee. Under the Consumer Rights Act all terms and conditions of the sale must be displayed. It’s therefor illegal to charge for restocking if this isn’t in the sellers T&C - for the eBay trader he/she had noted the terms of a 20-whatever-% so IMO it’s valid.

Whether a 20% fee is fair is another question. Besides, if you’re silly enough to pay this price then decide to send back then you deserve to be charged is fee!

Reactions: ch1z64
They are not even electric!

As for restocking fee I had this problem lately, the law says if it says there is a fee you have to pay it. Ebay will back up a seller on this - they did to me.

But the most important question..... Where can you get an RS3 for £12k?

But the most important question..... Where can you get an RS3 for £12k?
I'm pretty sure that the OP didn't say that you can get the rs3 for 12k.
4k for a ten year old pair of seats for cars that are now less than 12k to buy..
Those seats were also optional on mk5 gti, mk5 r32, mk6 r and s3 8p.... And some of those cars cost less than 12k.

Oh and all those cars say RS3 on the seats do they????...which is why I presume they are expensive in the first place.

Also none of those cars have the red stitching and quilted diamond stuff either.

s-l1600.jpg

With respect to the topic of a re-stocking fee. Under the Consumer Rights Act all terms and conditions of the sale must be displayed. It’s therefor illegal to charge for restocking if this isn’t in the sellers T&C - for the eBay trader he/she had noted the terms of a 20-whatever-% so IMO it’s valid.

This is exactly the conclusion I also arrived at, despite the argument of distance selling regulations, there was absolutely nothing to counter my findings and indeed yours. If mentioned in the terms and conditions, it's valid

Reactions: samuelh_888
Oh well! that's the bit where you are supposed to quote the Consumer and Trading Standards act 19?? "Oh well" what's that supposed to mean!
Seriously though I assume you work for trading Standards, Citizens Advice or similar?
Your going to hit me with the next one word answer that doesn't mean a thing, aren't you....go on then :)

Not really, it wasn't/isn't a debate. If you need answers, you can always seek them yourself rather than request answers where someone else has to search the definitions for you. 'Oh well' was merely an attempt at boredom by comments.

Its also the Consumer Contracts Regulations, as mentioned, the 'Trading Standards Act' , I have literally no idea what that is, do you mean the outdated Trade Descriptions Act? But as noted above, much previous legislation is incorporated into the CCR now.

It's also 'you're' not 'your'.

'Oh well' was also a two word answer.

I am not entirely sure why people are using eBay definitions to portray UK consumer law/rights, they are very very loose on their understanding of the law. Ask anyone who has had a return that was damaged by the purchaser. eBay is a joke when it comes to adhering to the 'law'. lol.

All monies must be returned to the purchased if an item is returned. Its that simple, we see it in Court most days.

This is exactly the conclusion I also arrived at, despite the argument of distance selling regulations, there was absolutely nothing to counter my findings and indeed yours. If mentioned in the terms and conditions, it's valid

There wasn't ever going to be. Too much time to be spent appeasing mere mortals, better things to do with my minutes :footy:

Now that we are on about the law heres is a good 1 for you just incase you feel you would like to do it . If you sell someone a car privately and they then decide to take you to a small claims court you do know you have to make your claim in the Court or nearset one to where you purchased the car . Ie if sold lets say in london and you life in Tain Scotland you would need to travel to England for the case .

There wasn't ever going to be

So why try to argue it then? You claim to know all about it but when challenged by those who apparently know nothing about it you have nothing to back yourself up with?

So why try to argue it then? You claim to know all about it but when challenged by those who apparently know nothing about it you have nothing to back yourself up with?

I didn't argue, you did, I just ignored you. 'Oh well'.

and again

Oh well.

Therefore ignoring spending my time arguing with stupid(s) who can't use the internet. Or decipher legal text.

Oh well.

I didn't argue, you did, I just ignored you. 'Oh well'.

and again

Oh well.

Therefore ignoring spending my time arguing with stupid(s) who can't use the internet. Or decipher legal text.

Oh well.

That's just the kind of person you are then. The whole reason I even asked in the first place was because I was genuinely interested to know what the "laws" were regarding restocking fees with distance selling regulations. If it's your "job" then you need retraining, or sacking

Reactions: nothingness
That's just the kind of person you are then. The whole reason I even asked in the first place was because I was genuinely interested to know what the "laws" were regarding restocking fees with distance selling regulations. If it's your "job" then you need retraining, or sacking

I don't 'need' either.

Oh well.

I am not entirely sure why people are using eBay definitions to portray UK consumer law/rights, they are very very loose on their understanding of the law. Ask anyone who has had a return that was damaged by the purchaser. eBay is a joke when it comes to adhering to the 'law'. lol.

All monies must be returned to the purchased if an item is returned. Its that simple, we see it in Court most days.
It was the most authoritative link provided to date ;-)

They are priced high due to rare RS3 luxury interior stitching and you are getting pretty much the whole interior, front and rear seats, and 4 door cards.
Some one who can afford them will buy them.

I got my S3 folding wingbacks with matching rear seats (ski hatch/drinks holder like in the eBay ad) for £1k plus my front/rear seats. Now that was a bargain two years ago.

Reactions: S.