Wingback seats

Ryan Cox

Reaction score
So I am thinking of selling on 2012 S3, 3 door, which has the wingback front seats! Is the sensible option to remove these and sell them separately or will the car command a better price at sale with them still in? Will I see the same type of money if I left them in and sold the car or will I get more if I removed and soled separately ?

So I am thinking of selling on 2012 S3, 3 door, which has the wingback front seats! Is the sensible option to remove these and sell them separately or will the car command a better price at sale with them still in? Will I see the same type of money if I left them in and sold the car or will I get more if I removed and soled separately ?

Sell them separately, you’ll easily make more. Those seats are in high demand

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What you asking for the wing backs? Deffo get more removing them and selling separately...

Probably around £2.5k plus donor seats.

Why not just sell the car as a complete package? 2.5k for 8 year old seats is ludicrous, be prepared to hold them...

Who's paying £2500 for seats on a car on the 8P platform, these cars are getting on a bit and that's a big chunk of the value of the car just on seats.
Personally I'd sell them in the car and add an additional £1k to the value, you may get away with that.

Reactions: Bryant1998
Who's paying £2500 for seats on a car on the 8P platform, these cars are getting on a bit and that's a big chunk of the value of the car just on seats.
Personally I'd sell them in the car and add an additional £1k to the value, you may get away with that.

Have a look on eBay. £2500 is at the lower end. Having said that a new Recaro Sportster CS can be had for £1200 each although heating is £300 extra.

I’m more surprised by the people who pay £2.5k for these seats as opposed to those who ask £2.5k for wingbacks.

Yes they are desirable (and someone will pay) but £2.5k is a joke IMO especially with std seats as part of the trade.

I’d pay the extra and get Recaro CS heated/airbag.

To answer the original question, sell the car with the seats in.

Reactions: Sandra and Bryant1998
Who says they are 8 years old?? They weren’t factory fitted and only installed 3 years ago! Looking at the going rate on eBay £2.5k is more than reasonable

Well they’re at least 8 years old if not 11... unless they’re not genuine audi or they’ve been built from spare parts? Dropping the value even more...

As for ‘going rate’ I can put my S3 on eBay for 20k, doesn’t mean it’s worth it

Let me put this out there i went last Saturday with a member on here to Aberdeen and picked up a pair off WB's 3dr , and gave the guy his 3dr fronts and he was less than £1500 ,
Now if the OP wants to use ebay prices as a Guide he will have them for sometime IMO . The going rate for minted 3dr as they are rarer than 5dr ones is around £2000 max

Reactions: derekw, samisnake and Bryant1998
lol how are they at least 8 years old?? They came out of a write off and are in mint condition, they are 4 years old. I’m in no rush to sell, they may even go with the car. lol not genuine now or been built from spare parts! I’m sure I’ll get what I want from them. Thanks for your positive input though! You’ve been a massive help

How can they be 4 years old if the 8P hasn’t been in production for 8 years?

I’d love to know how much you paid if you think you’ll get 2.5 for them . Stay looking on eBay and you’ll see the same seats getting relisted all the time, eventually for a price they sell at, around 1.5

Do yourself a favour and don’t ask for opinions if you’re going to ignore them or tell people they’re wrong, it’s not a good look...

Assumptions!! They didn’t come out of an 8P. I take it you have some as well? I’m not ignoring any helpful advice! Just the trolls who are jealous that want to buy them for £6.99. I’m not saying your wrong about your opinion but your certainly wrong about your assumptions.

Maybe it’d be smart to tell people they’re not from an 8P... not just mention you have an 8P S3 with wingbacks...

If you believe anyone who doesn’t think they’re worth 2.5k is a troll then you need to get a grip, nobody is jealous of your seats you absolute gremlin

Everyone who’s commented here is a potential customer or could find you a customer. But now you’ve made yourself look really arrogant and argumentative for no reason

Still not answered my question of how much you paid for them, I’d ‘assume’ it’s because it’s significantly lower than what you plan to sell them for...

Yeah, I didn’t say anyone who didn’t think they were worth £2.5k was a troll! But I’m happy with whatever I get for my 11 year old non genuine put together from parts wing backs! I don’t think there were many people who said that!

Your wrong with your assumption again as they came in the car, which I bought from my brother!

So, how much do you plan to sell yours for? Thanks again for the advice though. You’ve been massively positive throughout and an absolute credit to this forum.

This doesn't need to turn into a slanging match!
If they aren't from a 8P then what are they from originally? Did they need to be adjusted to fit the 8P or do they bolt straight in? This will make a huge difference to the price.
Personally I think you'd struggle to sell to a genuine buyer (not the usual Gumtree offer full price and scam you with fake paypal) as it's a big chunk of cash, but if you can then good luck to you.

I am surprised nobody wanted to see a set of pictures of said seats. Most of us will be able to price them after review

B015B4E4 2127 4C0B ACD1 C3B33004AE82

@tcardio, over to you...

Reactions: RS3 S., nluk100 and Bryant1998
This doesn't need to turn into a slanging match!
If they aren't from a 8P then what are they from originally? Did they need to be adjusted to fit the 8P or do they bolt straight in? This will make a huge difference to the price.
Personally I think you'd struggle to sell to a genuine buyer (not the usual Gumtree offer full price and scam you with fake paypal) as it's a big chunk of cash, but if you can then good luck to you.

Thanks. They don’t need to be adjusted to fit. I was just going by the price they are advertised on eBay etc but this obviously offended some people into name calling and being abusive. I think I’ll probably leave them in and try and put the car up for and extra grand.

Reactions: samuelh_888 and Daveyonthemove
I think the S3 was one of the few cars that had these unbranded i.e. no logo. Do you know what car they came out of?
Are they actually the same wingbacks as what came out of the factory as they stopped shipping new cars with them in 2012 and moved to the less popular super sport seats in the top Audis?
WP 20180216 16 32 38 Pro

If you take ur ebay + paypal costs for 2500 without adding any postage , so lets say collected you will pay £322 , leaving you £2178 so selling for either that price or less would be a good starting point

I think the S3 was one of the few cars that had these unbranded i.e. no logo. Do you know what car they came out of?
Are they actually the same wingbacks as what came out of the factory as they stopped shipping new cars with them in 2012 and moved to the less popular super sport seats in the top Audis?
View attachment 207075
@nluk100 , if there your ones do you fancy a swap for 5dr ones heated & minted

Did you not see my signature? "2009 S3 S-tronic - now gone :("

Anyway, very interested in your seats if they're minted - did they win the lottery or did they come from a wealthy family lol

Did you not see my signature? "2009 S3 S-tronic - now gone :("

Anyway, very interested in your seats if they're minted - did they win the lottery or did they come from a wealthy family lol
:hubbahubba::hubbahubba::hubbahubba: done in sliver trim, bought in saudi arabia from a wealthy Arab Sheik canny tell you who but lets just say he owns a few nice cars lol

Reactions: nluk100 and Bryant1998
I'm looking for alternative seats for my a3 8p as the standard sline seats are rubbish imo. What would be the best option to look into without spending silly money?

I'm looking for alternative seats for my a3 8p as the standard sline seats are rubbish imo. What would be the best option to look into without spending silly money?

To be honest Wingbacks are the best option. Set your budget and stick to it. Most sets appear to be between £1600 and £2000.

Alternatively, 8V Supersports but you’ll need to change the airbag plugs.

To be honest Wingbacks are the best option. Set your budget and stick to it. Most sets appear to be between £1600 and £2000.

Alternatively, 8V Supersports but you’ll need to change the airbag plugs.

Thanks for the info. Appreciate it. Do you know if there is a thread for selling a3 parts. Maybe I could find a reasonably price pair of seats on here?

Do a5 seats fit?
Someone told me they will fit if they are from the same year as your a3 but it does require a fair bit of wiring. Maybe someone with more knowledge could elaborate.