Wing mirrors?

TDI-line

Uber Post Whore
Reaction score
Are all the wing mirrors across the A3 range the same size, ie S3, A3 and sportback?

And do they just clip off, or retained by screws, clips etc?

Thanks,

TDI/:salute:

when i put mine on they just had one bolt holding them on, sorry i dont if they are all the same fitting oh and they are heated as well.

Looking at the parts catalogue the only seem to be two types listed, painted and aluminium although there are 18 different mirrors glasses listed.

Think they are all the same mate with regards to the shell. as Dave said its the galss thats different depending on what set up you have.

To change them the temperature has to be greater than 18 degrees C as the plastic that holds the glass in becomes more 'flexible'. you can then ease the glass from behind out of its retaining clips which then reveals the internal part of the wing mirror. There are two screws i think that you un-do and then the top just lifts off. pop the new one on, put the screws back and pop the glass back in.... is an easy job and all though i know how to do it I got Awesome Gti to fit mine and they charged me 30 mins labour (£20). I don't have much lucky you see and would have smashed the glass!

MOST IMPORTANT BIT IS THE TEMPERATURE FOR GETTING THE GLASS OUT, IT HAD IT IN BIG LETTERS LIKE THIS ABOVE THE INSTRUCTIONBS SENT WITH MY MIRROR HOUSING'S)

Hope this helps,

Paul