1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wing mirrors tilting when in reverse

Danielle_rose Dec 28, 2017

1. Danielle_rose

Danielle_rose New Member

So yesterday I realised that if I stick my car in reverse, tilt the passenger side mirror down ( so I can see the curb and not hit my wheel on it ) then put the mirror adjuster knob back to the middle and move the car forward a bit the mirror goes back to its original setting automatically.

So now I’m wondering is there a way to set it up so that it automatically tilts to the floor when in reverse? Or is this something I’d have to get coded in?

I’ve only had my s1 for about a week now so any other tips/tricks would be welcomed!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. 45bvtc

45bvtc Well-Known Member Supporter Team Cornflower Blue Team Daytona Gold Supporter Team Sahara Silver Audi RS3 Audi TT Audi A1

Yes, turn the mirror selector to the nearside mirror and leave it there - it'll then tip and return (into and out of reverse selection) automatically; well mine does...

4. terminator x

terminator x Well-Known Member Team Nardo Team V6 Audi RS4

For some reason on my car if the adjuster is turned to driver mirror then the passenger mirror tilts down when selecting reverse! Goes back again when out of reverse.

TX.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

5. Danielle_rose

Danielle_rose New Member

This worked! Thanks :)

45bvtc likes this.
  6. ksmudger

ksmudger New Member

Hi is this standard on all S1’s or is it an option when purchased?

7. Gralegav

Gralegav New Member Team Sepang Audi S1 quattro

Should be standard, mine works wherever the door mirror switch is set

8. lfcrule1972

lfcrule1972 Winter is coming... Team Mythos TFSI Owners Group Audi S1 quattro

I don't think it is standard, mine didn't have it so I paid for it to be added to mine via VCDS when I had a service/remap done at QS Tuning. Worth getting as it makes parking (whilst protecting the coke bottle wheels) much easier :)

9. N@deeem

N@deeem Member Team Sepang Audi S1

I didn’t have this as standard, but activated it using Carista

10. ah i've got carista, didn't know i could do this!

11. lfcrule1972

lfcrule1972 Winter is coming... Team Mythos TFSI Owners Group Audi S1 quattro

So can it be activated for both the passenger and drivers side mirrors? Is that what it comes with as standard as an Audi option?