Wing Mirror with indicator retrofit?

stefanlogue

Reaction score
Ok, so I've recently bought a 2004 prefacelift A3. Got a big list of mods that I'm going to be doing soon, but this one is one of the first I want to do. I've been doing some looking around these forums and have gathered a few parts on eBay, but I've no idea if I'll need extra parts as my car is so old.

So basically, I need to know exactly what parts to buy for this mod. As long as the wing mirrors have indicators I'm happy, but folding would be great too.

There's a full kit for 5dr but you can grind down the bases internally to fit a 3dr, I know this 100% as I've personally done this for a few people that bought 5dr versions.

Wouldn't be the most confident at doing things like that, is there anywhere to buy them already done? Or is there anyone who could do that for me? Paid, of course

I'd happily come over & fit tomorrow of of was economical for me to fly etc, pm me if of interest.

A quick question here. If you retrofit wing mirrors with indicators and your car is not born with them. What do you do with the indicators on the car? Is it even legal to just disable them?

My plan is to either have them both working, so basically tap into the wire for the car ones, or take them out and smooth them over

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah it's starting to look like one of the more expensive mods and I thought it would be one of the least expensive, but ah well, has to be done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk