Wing mirror side repeater fitment

s1mon02

Reaction score
hi, does anyone know how to replace the side repeaters on the wing mirrors? Any video tutorials would be brilliant thanks

hi, does anyone know how to replace the side repeaters on the wing mirrors? Any video tutorials would be brilliant thanks

I’m about to do this job in the next few days Im going to use this video as a guide to get access to the repeater

Will let you know how it goes

I’m about to do this job in the next few days Im going to use this video as a guide to get access to the repeater

That wont work! That's for an 8V the repeater is built into the wing mirror cover on the 8P.

You need to remove the glass (just clipped in) plus the 2 wires for the heating element, then remove the motor (1 screw in the centre plus a wiring connector) then there are around 5 additional screws if I remember correctly then you can unclip the mirror cover and one wiring connector for the repeater. The repeater will then slide out of the cover and you can slide your new one in, needs a bit of force to click into place. Also plastic trim pry tools are really useful for this job. Screws are tiny Torx ones cant remember the sixe

As @Genius has said your video is for the wrong model if your looking at doing it via an 8P you might want to follow the link already posted

That wont work! That's for an 8V the repeater is built into the wing mirror cover on the 8P.

You need to remove the glass (just clipped in) plus the 2 wires for the heating element, then remove the motor (1 screw in the centre plus a wiring connector) then there are around 5 additional screws if I remember correctly then you can unclip the mirror cover and one wiring connector for the repeater. The repeater will then slide out of the cover and you can slide your new one in, needs a bit of force to click into place. Also plastic trim pry tools are really useful for this job. Screws are tiny Torx ones cant remember the sixe

Cheers for the heads up! So yh I won’t be using that video hopefully it goes smoothly.