wing mirror glass

martin1984

Reaction score
so being a bit heavy handed ive cracked my passanger side wing mirror glass need a replacment any suggestion as so far local audi is £54 will take 2days
euro £60.99 cheap one at £40 is out of stock same on carparts for less
or do i just order a ebay and wait a dayy or two for £14
its heated also so halfords no good

I got one off eBay as some daft cow decided to take my wing mirror off. First one came cracked, complained and they sent another. They have lines down them, like there's 2 separate pieces of glass. Doesn't bother me too much as it's a fraction of the price.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I got one off eBay as some daft cow decided to take my wing mirror off. First one came cracked, complained and they sent another. They have lines down them, like there's 2 separate pieces of glass. Doesn't bother me too much as it's a fraction of the price.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
cheers will go down ebay route as i can buy the whole unit for less than most want just for the glass

Reactions: Metalsmurf
Yeah I'd buy the whole unit rather than just sticking glass over the top, quite easy to swap out you just move the mirror all the way so that it's facing you and pull the glass out, one of mine snapped as I pulled it but that's no problem as yours is already gone.

I'll elaborate a bit too; reason I wouldn't stick glass over the top is they will no longer heat plus the heat will probably warm the glue and make it fall off, shame it isn't driver's side as I've got some glass you could of had for that, if you get stuck just bring it to us, 2 minute job :icon thumright:

I have a pair of auto dimming wing mirror glasses for a B6, not sure if they are the same as the B7?
a8c771398cb42807a210bd8085cdc040.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I have a pair of auto dimming wing mirror glasses for a B6, not sure if they are the same as the B7?
a8c771398cb42807a210bd8085cdc040.jpg

Thanks but mine armt auto dim also have no idea if they would fit

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

Thanks but mine armt auto dim also have no idea if they would fit

Fair enough, I thought they were the same? Do you have auto dimming rear view mirror. Could be retrofitted.

Fair enough, I thought they were the same? Do you have auto dimming rear view mirror. Could be retrofitted.

No i just have standard rear view mirror its not something ive looked into.