Wing mirror fold position.

relytyler

Reaction score
Hi,

I've just noticed the drivers and passengers wing mirrors are folding to different positions. The passenger folds to a position which is parallel to the side of the car, whereas the drivers side is not in as tight, roughly 15 degrees from parallel. See photo.

I realise it's not a major issue, but the car is coming up to the end of warranty, so I'm making a list for it's next visit to Audi service.

Would anyone be able to confirm if this normal or not (I can't imagine it is)?

Thanks

Attachments

• PXL_20220404_163743940.MP.jpg
    PXL_20220404_163743940.MP.jpg
    6 MB · Views: 173
I’m not sure and I’m not with the car atm. But that mirror looks like it can’t rotate in any further. Do they work correctly?

Reactions: relytyler
Hi,

I've just noticed the drivers and passengers wing mirrors are folding to different positions. The passenger folds to a position which is parallel to the side of the car, whereas the drivers side is not in as tight, roughly 15 degrees from parallel. See photo.

I realise it's not a major issue, but the car is coming up to the end of warranty, so I'm making a list for it's next visit to Audi service.

Would anyone be able to confirm if this normal or not (I can't imagine it is)?

Thanks

Not normal for sure. I’d say there is something that blocks the full movement. As you have a warranty don’t wait and use it. Taking down this mirror is a pain as these are mounted to the door in such way that the door cards need to taken down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Normal as the mirror bases are shaped differently to provide different viewing angles on the glass. The 8K/T A4/5 was exactly the same.

Abmat (yes they work normally) and Darren92 point towards this being normal. Would anyone be able to confirm this visually with their A6? Thanks.

I noticed this on my A6 Allroad 2020. In fact I thought the drivers door mirror was even hitting the chrome strip at first but it's on some kind of cam which Lifts it at the end of its fold. I mentioned this when it was in Audi West london and we had a walk around the car park and noticed all the other cars were exactly the same.

Not normal for sure. I’d say there is something that blocks the full movement. As you have a warranty don’t wait and use it. Taking down this mirror is a pain as these are mounted to the door in such way that the door cards need to taken down.

You were right guys.
My one has the same angle when folded. So it is perfectly normal then….
8825dae2c902bf821f253283fe675b6c.jpg