1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Wing Mirror Casing

Josh H Jan 7, 2016

1. Josh H

Josh H Registered User

Hi,

Just would like advise on how to take off my wing mirror casing. Iv had some new ones painted gloss black and need to swap them over. Any idea if they just clip or pull off from an angle? I tried removing the glass which was easy enough just struggled getting the casing off. I have an a3 Sportback 2008. No indicator or folding mirrors.

Thanks.

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. Craig-P

Craig-P Registered User

I'd like to know this too, I have gloss Black mirrors to go on aswell but been holding off a while as I'm scared lol.

4. Y111_PJL

Y111_PJL Registered User

There is a step by step guide I used on here somewhere, just need to look for it.

But basically the door card and the whole wing mirror has to come off

5. nil538

nil538 Registered User

Take the mirror glass out just pulls out unplug the wire for the heated mirrors undo the to little screws underneath and the bottom case will come off then undo the little screw that's behind the mirror glass that you've taken out that holds the mirror cover to the arm of the mirror then just wiggle the cover upward and it will come unclipped done

Josh H likes this.
  6. pluves1

pluves1 Registered User

Craig-P likes this.
  7. Craig-P

Craig-P Registered User

pluves1 likes this.
  8. Josh H

Josh H Registered User

Thanks for all the advise on fitting the wing mirrors. Finally completed today. Big thanks.

Attached Files:

9. Craig-P

Craig-P Registered User

Easy enough to do then mate..?

10. Craig-P

Craig-P Registered User

Is there a difference between Pre Facelift and Facelift..? Mine's a 09....

11. Alan Gunn

Alan Gunn Registered User

I would think they are all the same as that is how the ones come off my 2002 a6.

12. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

13. Josh H

Josh H Registered User

Was a little fiddly just trying to line up and clip the casing back on but yeah not lonng to do after the help on here. 2x screws under neither then wiggle the bottom black plastic to disconnect the casing then from the corner pull upwards and it slots off.

14. Craig-P

Craig-P Registered User

I'll give it a try when I'm feeling better :(

Cheers