Windshield wiper fluid not working

mark03a4

Reaction score
The windshield wiper fluid sprayer in my A4 is not working. It is not coming out to spray the windshield or the headlights. The fluid is full, and I checked the fuses.

Does anyone have any idea what it could be?

This may sound silly but is not frozen with the cold weather,it could be ok at the washer tank but pipes maybe frozen leading to bonnet ,have you checked the motor is going when trying to operate??,if it is frozen just let it tick over for long time and let the heat of the engine rise to to defrost

I am not sure if it is frozen or not. I would think not because it actually worked at the coldest poit yesterday (4 degrees F), and stopped working a little later. I did put fluid in it, and it is antifreeze fluid, so I would hope that it is not frozen......

No, but I never heard noise when it did work (from what I can remember..... I have only had the car for 2 weeks!)

Have a look under the car. In the past people have had the headlight washers freeze shut and then the next time you use them it blows the pipes off. It could be it's going straight on the floor. Either that or the pumps blown.