Windscreen Wiper judder

Sorry to derail thread

Ps - quake now registered as a 7.5 with hundreds of aftershocks. Tsunami generated.

Wiper issues seem insignificant
Hope your family in NZ are safe and well mate..:yes:

Reactions: WarwickL
Had G1 applied when detailed and judder was unbearable. Tried Bosch aerotwins which helped to a degree but it was still highly annoying. Ended up having the coating machined off and now the judder has gone however I do still get some squeaking and smearing when rainfall is light. I actually also dislike the autowipers. I much preferred it the good old way when you set the time interval between wipes manually on the stick. I find autowiper sensors dreadful, have done on all my cars, feel they are unnecessary and v temperamental.

Hi all. Im after set of wipers. So question is which are better to get. Bosh A864S or set of
Bosh AP26U+AP18U. Thanks

Hi all. Im after set of wipers. So question is which are better to get. Bosh A864S or set of
Bosh AP26U+AP18U. Thanks

Check wiperblades.co.uk if you haven't already mate, they're usually real good price wise.

I have checked I just wonder which one to get set of a864s or AP26U+AP18U. On that website they only got a864s

This is one of my issues I am getting the dealer to hopefully fix under warranty - my drivers side is terrible even in heavy rain.

5 different types of wipers blades, windscreen polish and clayed, arms twisted and adjusted, 2yrs and 3 months on on a FY15, and the drivers side STILL F$#@%&*! skips and chatters. i can only think the spring tension is a little to high on the wiper arm, cant figure out how to reduce it slightly to test it.

Taken 12-months to get my driver side wiper to wipe smoothly on our A1; it was vibrating both in the upstroke and downstroke. Both new Audi OEM blades and 2-sets of Bosch Aerotwin tried with temporary (very) success.

Tried the white (Sarsons) vinegar and newspaper also but the vibration ALWAYS returns. :sadlike:

But now, maybe just maybe a resolution: cleaned the windscreen yet again with white vinegar and newspaper followed by a scrub (newspaper again) with Armorall Glass Cleaner; plus a spray of silicone onto the (back to used OEM Audi) wiper blades.

For the past 3-weeks NO vibration, 100% perfect both in heavy and light rain; car has auto-wipe so reacts to the slightest spray of 'wet' on the screen, but now without vibration. :yes:

PS: I always use Simoniz wash and wax on all 3-cars but it was just this one driver-side A1 wiper giving the problem. I'm now 100% sure it was a dirty screen and that whatever was there has now been removed with white vinegar, newspaper, and Armorall glass cleaner; fingers crossed...