Windscreen top rubber

BarLyn

Reaction score
I'm having my windscreen replaced next Monday through my insurance company. Does anyone know if the rubber seal that sits at the top of the screen gets replaced with it? Mine is perished, and I'm thinking that if it isn't part of the screen, whether I should get down to TPS to get a replacement part.

Not really a great deal of help but I had mine replaced recently and that strip which is foam on mine (genuine audi) does look new. Not conclusive but I'd say 95% sure it's been replaced with the window.

Have you thought about getting a windscreen ready made for the auto dim rear view mirror?

Also if you want to smarten things up fully the wind/rain deflectors either side are only about £15 from memory.

Thanks SDHA4SLine. The windscreen is already on order, so probably too late. I'm going out in a bit, so will check the deflectors. Don't suppose you have the TPS part numbers?

sure, good news is they're cheaper than I thought...

The top part number is the deflector that fits along the bottom of windscreen under the windscreen wiper arms & the bottom part number is the clips that hold it in place (you only need 3 clips but I always buy spare fixings) ---- IF YOU BUY ONE OF THESE, BEWARE THEYRE VERY BRITTLE AND ARE PRONE TO BEING DELIVERED BROKEN, IT TOOK 4 ATTEMPTS TO GET ONE UNDAMAGED. ENSURE YOU CHECK IT BEFORE YOU LEAVE WITH IT)

The middle 2x part numbers are the deflectors at each side of the window, you can check the part number against yours to be sure as they just pull off (they're clipped in a groove along the side of the A pillar)

Capture

Regards
Steve