Windscreen Replacement

ub7rm

Reaction score
So not long after having to replace a windscreen on my golf now the S4 will have to get one. Does anyone know if Autoglass will recalibrate the pre-sense camera if they replace the screen at my house or will I have to take it somewhere else to get that done?

I'm off this week, think I'll see if I can get it done now. It was enough of a faff even when they came to my work to change it on the golf.

Reactions: Keef
I should add that my comment isn’t based on personal experience just another post on windscreens on here- however when autoglass replaced my side windows at my home the chap mentioned the recalibration and said they couldn’t do it

you will have to go to a local Autoglass centre. had mine replaced about a month ago. Takes about 2+ hours for them to replace and re-calibrate the screen.

Reactions: Keef
Make sure you ask for OE screen otherwise they will use cheap Chinese glass or similar.

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Just keep your fingers crossed that they actually manage to calibrate.

After cracking my windscreen on 30th May,I’ve recently had my windscreen replaced by autoglass and it has been a sorry saga unfortunately.

First they ordered the wrong windscreen, then couldn’t fit and calibrate for a month so we decided to fit at home (which was a wait of 2 weeks) and calibrate 2 weeks later at the local branch.

Calibration failed so I was then left with a car that flashed up warnings every time the car is started. I was informed by the technician that I’d receive a call from their ADAS team to arrange for a new calibration date and possibly another screen replacement.

After 10 days with no contact I called AG to be told that they were waiting on a screen from Audi, and that they would call me as soon as it arrived.

Windscreen finally arrived on 16th (another week) and was fitted on 17th but again calibration failed.

I am now booked in with Audi for them to calibrate on 30th July and Autoglass are picking up the tab.

Hmmm not what I wanted to hear. Booked into their ADAS center in Aberdeen in a couple of weeks.

When they replaced the screen on my golf it was with an OE Pilkington screen, the only difference between it and the original was a VW logo. As long as I can see through it and all the jazz continues to work I'm happy. Not like the original screen was bullet proof.