Windscreen Replacement

JCMCN

Reaction score
My windscreen has been damaged beyond repair and needs replacing. My Insurer only wants me to use Autoglass, with whom I had a bad experience with before. The last Audi I had they tore the surrounding interior.

They are willing to pay upto £140 to my prefered replacement.

Anyone know how much Audi will want for a tinted replacement with Rain sensor ?

Don't know what they will charge, but in my experience, all they do is supply the parts and call Autoglass/National Windscreens/Whoever to install it on their behalf.

use autoglass. If they do any damage whilst fitting a replacement screen then they have to get it fixed. I've had to screens replaced by them with no bother

Generic screens are perfectly ok, you can get 1 fitted for £170 & just as good as audi's, I've had 2 now & they're perfectly fine.

Its just cause its pilkington glass iirc for genuine screens which is ****** expensive as it is, well previous oem ones were, tbh its as with all things a name, there are some things I dont concern myself with using cheaper, as they tend to come with either a firm warranty or are made to required regulations anyway, so genuine or not doesnt matter a bit on a screen for me.

Now wheels, well thats a different story :moa:

Cheers all.

I think I will give my insurance a call and stand over the Autoglass guy like an angry dragon and hope for the best