Driving home from clitheroe on the motorway a few days ago when I heard that all familiar pop sound you get when a stone hits the window, it was louder than usual but had a quick look around didn’t spot anything...until I pulled into the drive and there it was...the biggest crack I’ve ever seen on a windscreen (on the drivers side)
Its cracked the glass so I don't think this can be fixed the normal way so looks like I'm going to need a new windscreen. That being said I have a few questions.
1. Am I right in saying that I'll need to get it replaced direct through Audi as they use special acoustic glass?
2. Will this be covered by the warranty?
3. Will this increase my insurance premium if it goes through them
4. If I decide not to go through my insurance how much is going to cost?
5. How safe is it to drive in the meantime?
Absolutely gutted, but it is what it is
Any info/thoughts would be much appreciated