Windows Vista Service Pack 2 is here!

MikeSel^

Staff member
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.mikesel.info
[FONT=comic sans ms,sans-serif]Some of you may be pleased to know Microsoft have now released service pack 2 for Windows Vista. Service Pack 2 is known to resolve several issues with the operating system, and is roumered to improve speed. You can find more details about the issues resolved at the following links: [/FONT][FONT=comic sans ms,sans-serif]Windows Vista SP2 TechNet
Windows Server 2008 SP2 TechNet

Click here to download Service Pack 2.

I am currently downloading this to my VM Vista image, and once I have completed testing on it I will post my findings. [/FONT]

Source

Got the x64 version which is no longer in Beta, ran it last night and left my PC to it, this morning I am now the proud owner of a system which is in full halt and will not boot at all.
I am left with basically no choice but to system restore with Acronis to back in March.

Poxy Microsoft twats

3461898633_264e81edbe.jpg

FTW.

Is it really that bad, post up the symptoms an see if we can fix it. If you havn't already rolled back to your restore point.

We have just started testing it on our corporate network, but so far so good.. No issues like yours anyway!

Got it sorted now, the issue was Bitdefender saw some off the dll's as trojans and blocked them, when the machine restarted it stopped after about 5700 out of 74000 files being updated and just hung.

I had to use the Vista DVD and do a system restore, then use msconfig to disable all non microsoft startup services.
In device manager, disable the graphics card and sound card, and all external ports except the LAN port.
Then reboot in safe mode, run the SP2 (with antivirus off obviously as its disabled)
the machine then restarted with everything running as it should do.

So beware your antivirus!!

What a PITA

I have Vista 64 bit OS with service pack 2, and have had no problems what so ever. In fact the only problem I have had with vista was when the computer was brand new and i could not install download programs, but that was solved very quickly. Vista has had a lot of bad press, and while I do not doubt that it has had many problems for alot of people, it has worked like a dream on my machine...

Yeah, to my downfall, i found out you have to have a working legacy DVD rom drive to use rescue as my SATA one only works in windows, PITA. "Borrowed" a drive in the end so all good now.

SP2 working OK here. Alcohol 120% not so much,lol