Windows Tinted

Chris0906

YNWA
Reaction score
Just thought I would post a couple of pictures of the car before and after the windows were tinted last Friday. Thanks to Ian @ TintWizard in Liverpool for a brilliant job.

Before:
2015 03 24 154626

After:
2015 03 24 154702

Cheers

Chris

Reactions: mike60e
Is that front tints as well? It's a little difficult to tell.

Those wheels look excellent against the red. :)

Hi,

Yes front tints as well but not as dark as the back! Thanks, wheels really work with the colour of the car. Brake calipers, hubs and guards next!:D

Total transformation, great job!

Mine has factory tints but not happy with the job I had in front windows last year so getting redone tomorrow morning!

We are really pleased with them, we have had a few cars done by Ian @ TintWizard he always does a great job.:)

Reactions: Tint wizard
Getting mine done on Thursday, same colour of car. What tint percentage you get mate?

Your car looks really nice mate, the wheels really set it off!!!

15% on all the rears, 50% on the fronts. So rears allow 15% light through and the fronts allow 50% light through. The fronts are illegal but the Ian who did them has the same on his and has never had a problem!

Thanks mate, I was thinking of getting 25% rear 40% front, I think the darker tints suit the avants better

Your car looks really nice mate, the wheels really set it off!!!

15% on all the rears, 50% on the fronts. So rears allow 15% light through and the fronts allow 50% light through. The fronts are illegal but the Ian who did them has the same on his and has never had a problem!
Personally I think the window tints look great! Love your A4 Avant looks very nice indeedy! :thumbs up:

BUT all you need is one over zealous Traffic cop (& they ALL carry light meters} & you could be in the mire
http://www.nidirect.gov.uk/tinted-vehicle-windows-the-rules

How do illegal tints effect your MOT tests when they are due? Is it giving your insurance company a 'get out' in the (hopefully) unlikely event of a claim?
One insurance company I know has just booted a claim out as the Insurer didn't notify the insurance company that was some small sign writing on the car! Crazy!

Not being a stick in the mud or anything, I am just looking out for you my friend :thumbs up:

Thanks mate, I was thinking of getting 25% rear 40% front, I think the darker tints suit the avants better

Hi mate, I agree think the darker tints look best on the avant, I reckon what you are going with will be perfect, make sure u get some before and after pics, always like looking at your motor!!

Personally I think the window tints look great! Love your A4 Avant looks very nice indeedy! :thumbs up:

BUT all you need is one over zealous Traffic cop (& they ALL carry light meters} & you could be in the mire

How do illegal tints effect your MOT tests when they are due? Is it giving your insurance company a 'get out' in the (hopefully) unlikely event of a claim?
One insurance company I know has just booted a claim out as the Insurer didn't notify the insurance company that was some small sign writing on the car! Crazy!

Not being a stick in the mud or anything, I am just looking out for you my friend :thumbs up:

Hi mate,

Thanks for that and cheers for the info. I knew it was 70% for front windows but we have always had 50% on the front on all our cars and Ian who did them for us has the same, I know it's a risk as you say but worth taking I think!! Not sure on the MOT all our other cars always passed and my mate is an MOT tester which helps!!! Can't believe that about the insurance, they always try to weasel out don't they!!!:mad:.

Thanks for the heads up though mate

Cheers

Chris

Reactions: Bristle Hound
Luckily those rules for Northern Ireland are indeed the same as for the rest of the UK :) :) https://www.gov.uk/tinted-vehicle-window-rules

Standard windows are tinted already, only transmitting about 80% of light. So if you add a 50% film, you're down to around 40% light transmission. Legal limit is 70% transmission on front side windows, 75% on windscreen.

MOT testers don't have the kit to measure this, so no problem there. But yes - like any undisclosed modification - the insurance company would throw their toys out of the pram if they found out.

Luckily those rules for Northern Ireland are indeed the same as for the rest of the UK :) :) https://www.gov.uk/tinted-vehicle-window-rules

Standard windows are tinted already, only transmitting about 80% of light. So if you add a 50% film, you're down to around 40% light transmission. Legal limit is 70% transmission on front side windows, 75% on windscreen.

MOT testers don't have the kit to measure this, so no problem there. But yes - like any undisclosed modification - the insurance company would throw their toys out of the pram if they found out.

Of course they already have a slight tint, forgot about that, still worth the risk I think?? I thought the MOT was okay and yes as always with any undisclosed modification the insurance would throw a hissy fit!!!:lick:

I had a company refuse to quote when I said I had rear tints on my avant.

Maybe if you use the term 'privacy glass', it sounds a bit less Max power than 'tints' lol

Reactions: AU11 ALS
Hi, thanks for that! It's the S-Line Special Edition! BTW love your car, looks amazing in Sepang Blue! You must be made up with it?

Thanks mate, well pleased with it!!
I do miss my Red (YNWA) A4 tho, so enjoy it.:kissmyrings:

Looks really well, as already mentioned suits the colour great!

Great job, can't do my front windows. on my last car the police peeled back the front tints

Great job, can't do my front windows. on my last car the police peeled back the front tints

Arrrgghhh!!! You must have been gutted, what % did you have on the fronts when they peeled them off!! Understand your not wanting to go there again!!:)

Car looks great mate. I've used tint wizard before on my previous cars and they do a great job.