Window Wipers bent due to snow

jamesblonde

Reaction score
The snow/ice seems to have played around with my windows wipers.

I've not used the car for a few days but it seems the windows wipers are not going back down correctly.

From the drivers seat you shouldn't really see the window wiper arms but I can now. Looking from the outside of the car they look like they should come down about another inch.

Has anyone seen this problem before and how I might fix it please.

Its on my A4 TDI S-line 2006

Many Thanks
:notme:

Try un-doing the nut on the wiper arms and moving them down an inch and then re-tighten.

Try un-doing the nut on the wiper arms and moving them down an inch and then re-tighten.

Hi

How do you move them. I've removed the black cap covering the 16MM nut and then removed the 16MM nut.

Now do I just move the wiper arm up/down or does it need pulling off because its got a toothed edge ? I can see what to do here.

Many Thanks
:wacko:

They will come off but can be pretty awkward! Soak it in WD40 for a while and just gently wiggle the wiper arm until it comes loose - In the past I have left the socket on the nut and undone it up until about three threads left and given it a few hammer blows to jar it free. They will come but just be super careful!!

Hi

How do you move them. I've removed the black cap covering the 16MM nut and then removed the 16MM nut.

Now do I just move the wiper arm up/down or does it need pulling off because its got a toothed edge ? I can see what to do here.

Many Thanks
:wacko:

Any luck ?