1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Window treatment

AlS3BE Nov 13, 2019

1. AlS3BE

AlS3BE Registered User

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. jassyo06

jassyo06 T-Cut King !

Any ceramic coating for glass will perform the same as advertised,although difficult to apply/cure at this time of year

Bristle Hound likes this.
  4. AlS3BE

AlS3BE Registered User

just can’t see Halfords doing it right or taking the time to first decontaminate the windows and then apply properly then cure. I see this as a slap on and buff off and hope for the best for £25.
    happy to be proven wrong if anyone has had this done.

5. tcardio

tcardio Registered User

DA polisher, glass polish then 2 coats of sealer of choice and do it yourself

6. beanoir

beanoir Large Member

Scotty75 likes this.
  7. DanZ

DanZ Registered User

can you recommend a good sealer for glass please?

Thx

8. tcardio

tcardio Registered User

TBH there are more than a dozen to choose. Gtechniq, Gyeon, Nanotechnology, Nanoskin, H2Go. I tried so many. The key is the prep. Clean, clay, polish with a DA, clean again and wipe( my preferred is microfiber cloth paper). apply 3 coats and let them bond then remove per instructions in very small sections and let cure. It is difficult to bond when temps are low but you can turn the windscreen blower on and heat the window while waiting. No condensation for a day. I have an Audisport banner on my screen and hate to use my wipers so I usually apply H2Go between rainy days

DanZ likes this.