Facelift Window tints

SM18

Audi A3
Reaction score
Hi all,

Wanting to get my Audi A3s windows tinted. Went to a tinting company today, and he gave me an off cut from a 20% film, although recommended going one more down to get the factory look, and the 20% is pretty dark, just one down from limo. I don’t want it stupidly dark, but the factory tint seemed to light. I can’t remember what percentage the factory tint is now. Any advice from people’s own experiences would be great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know the factory % but what is on my S3 is perfect for rear windows. Can't see in at all from a distance and even close it's difficult to see in - hopefully that helps.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

I wish it was darker too. My A3 didn't have tints from factory but got them done afterwards by the place that did tinting for Camberley Audi. Sadly I don't know the % but they were darker than my S3s (factory) , you really couldn't see in at all.

Reactions: TYb
Ah okay, the place I’m using does it for main dealers, I might go to what he said is factory. It’s hard to tell true colour as his testers all hung up against white gloss tiles in a well lite workshop.

Ah okay, the place I’m using does it for main dealers, I might go to what he said is factory. It’s hard to tell true colour as his testers all hung up against white gloss tiles in a well lite workshop.

Here's some pics of my car with the factory finish. Maybe this will help?
881f9c2a5029047bcbcec34a1c63213e.jpg
0931c4f5cb8fd6227d42af1b8b240900.jpg
c38b54f7d78aaf605f5273f140eec800.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Nice car! I think I will go factory. Call me crazy but factory always seem like it’s got a slight green tint to it, rather than gloss black for the boy racers. I’ve decided factory, if it’s not quite dark enough then so be it as it’s gonna be better than clear glass, and my wife drives it most, and she can’t reverse with clear glass, haha

I’ve got 5% on mine and as you can imagine you can’t see in. Haha

In my last a6 I went with the one below limo black. Not sure percentage but was dark looking from outside but surprisingly I could see clearly from the inside out if that makes sense.
Aftermarket
Upload 2019 1 3 21 34 18

Factory
Upload 2019 1 3 21 35 8

Reactions: BillyGiann
(Off-topic, but I think the -now previous- A6 is one of the most classy cars ever produced, in terms of exterior looks, great car AIS3BE)

(Off-topic, but I think the -now previous- A6 is one of the most classy cars ever produced, in terms of exterior looks, great car AIS3BE)

It was a great car. Not much in it between the 272 and my current s3. Only difference was the 3.0 tdi comfortably got 45mpg+ no matter how I drive it and the s3 gets about mid 20s and 30 if I take it easy. Didn’t like the new a6/7 and fancied a change. Still miss some of the creature comforts of my last a6 but the s3 makes up for it in other ways.