Window tints

Markb

Reaction score
I know it's been posted before, but can people please post some pictures of their A3/S3's so I can get an idea of how they look tinted. Also it would help if you stated what percentage they are.

Cheers Mark.

I know it's been asked before and people of posted, but I am sure others have had theirs done since?

I'd like to see some pics too, I was thinking about getting mine done but I don't want LIMO black. A tastefull smoke would be nice, but not sure what percentage tint that would be /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/noidea.gif

you know that it will be more than likley illegal to tint the front driver and passenger windows?

apologies if you do, just thought it was worth pointing out /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
you know that it will be more than likley illegal to tint the front driver and passenger windows?

apologies if you do, just thought it was worth pointing out /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes I did know that, but thanks for pointing out.

had mine done, back window and two rear sides, at 35%, looks the business a nice almost factory finish, and if i had another car i would go 35% again. hope this helps

if 35% is the legal limit on the front sides then i had that on my old CTR, lovely and am thinking about it on my S3. I am sure 35 rings a bell it does look good and not at all limo black - yuk

You are not looking hard enough Mark

]
Cage4.jpg

Z_Misc.jpg

Photo_2004_11_9_21_43_59.jpg

Photo_2004_11_9_21_47_52.jpg

Here's a pic of my Passat with 35F and 50R IIRC
32376-tinted750.jpg

[ QUOTE ]
You are not looking hard enough Mark

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes I am I found all of those and the Imola Yellow S3 with tints. So you are not looking hard enough /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

I just wondered whether anyone else had them done since.

[ QUOTE ]
if 35% is the legal limit on the front sides then i had that on my old CTR, lovely and am thinking about it on my S3. I am sure 35 rings a bell it does look good and not at all limo black - yuk

[/ QUOTE ]

i think 35% is the legal limit for the front but remember that standard glass is already tinted, so applying aftermarket stuff will more than likely push you over the limit

and think about if you have a crash too, i know if someone hit me i would make a big deal about them having tinted fronts and reduced visibility

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i think 35% is the legal limit for the front but remember that standard glass is already tinted, so applying aftermarket stuff will more than likely push you over the limit

and think about if you have a crash too, i know if someone hit me i would make a big deal about them having tinted fronts and reduced visibility

[/ QUOTE ]
Yep, and AFAIK it's actually illegal to have any film on the windscreen, driver and passenger side windows regardless of light transmission nowadays is it not?

I've been meaning to get mine done with a really light smoke (just because in broad daylight the almost perfefctly clear windows look a bit odd on my black car) - but the legality of film on the fronts has been what's putting me off; I don't want to have the back tinted and nothing on the fronts - I figure a good contrast all round is better than a bad match split front and back. That's not to say you can't find somewhere to film the fronts; it's just a question of having the stones to do it and take your chances with plod /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Regards,

Rob.

i dont think you would be dissapointed with 35% for all three rear windows, its just enough and not too much, i took the advice of the fitter and they had a 3 series cab to show me which had just been done

When I had my Passat tints done, I asked for the lightest tint possible for the front passenger and drivers side windows, to stay legal as it were. He did point out that it's actually illegal to have any tint at all on the fronts, but you should be OK with the lightest tints. I have been parked next the the local plod sitting in traffic in broad daylight and night time aswell, and they have done nothing(touchwood), so respect to them /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif, must depend on how they feel at the time aswell.