window tints

housey11

Reaction score
Hi just wondering if anyone has any suggestions on bristol or south west window tint companies that they may have used?? ideal of price for both sides and rear to be done. much appreciated ladies and gents.

If your willing to travel to Cardiff my mate could do yours. Or if you have a decent size garage he could probably travel to you. Here is his website Cardiff Tints - Window tinting Cardiff
Here are two photos from when he did mine last October and a photo from last week.
My front ones were lighter than the rear but got him to do the front same tint as the rear.
Not had a problem with them no pealing. Sorry the photos are big didnt have time to resize them.
DSC03040.jpg
(before anyone says something my car going on coilovers tomorrow:))
photo-3-1.jpg

Last edited:
Nice one,just sent email to them,will just wait for responce. What shade did you go for? lovin the rims by the way

Pretty sure those front tints are illegal

on my 1.6 i had 65s on the front (illegal by 5%) and i was only ever pulled once. he made me peel it off but i replaced it the weekend after and that was that. i'm also very certain he only pulled me over because i'm asian and for some reason therefore don't belong in a nice car. he followed me for 2 miles when i'd done nothing wrong before he worked out what he could pull me over for. (no, i'm not bitter at all :sadlike:.)

anyway, there's a guy who travels around called Pepe from Cappucino Tints based in the Leeds/Bradford area. top bloke, competitive prices and good work. dunno if he'll travel to you tho.

Nice one,just sent email to them,will just wait for responce. What shade did you go for? lovin the rims by the way

No problem. Tell him Ashley told you to contact him. I think it's 70 or 80% he will be able to tell you.
Thanks for that.

on my 1.6 i had 65s on the front (illegal by 5%) and i was only ever pulled once. he made me peel it off but i replaced it the weekend after and that was that. i'm also very certain he only pulled me over because i'm asian and for some reason therefore don't belong in a nice car. he followed me for 2 miles when i'd done nothing wrong before he worked out what he could pull me over for. (no, i'm not bitter at all :sadlike:.)
anyway, there's a guy who travels around called Pepe from Cappucino Tints based in the Leeds/Bradford area. top bloke, competitive prices and good work. dunno if he'll travel to youtho.

I've been pulled with them on and they never said anything about them.....touch wood.
My friend got a mk5 golf with more a less limo tints had them n longer than me he never had problem. Guess it could be current places

Aren't all front tints illegal now? Thought it was only the rears that could be done :/

the fronts and windshield have to let thru a minimum of 70% light. thing is that standard car's glass is usually as tinted as you're allowed

I've got 50% on the front, the darkest i'll go for. Had no problem so far even when next to a cop car, but it really depends on what mood they are in! day time it isn't to bad, obviously at night its a lot darker.

IMG_1501.jpg

I've had 5 cars tinted getting too anal now as I will only put privacy glass in the s3

Nice one for the pic,that gives me a real good ideal of how it will look as yours is a clone of what i have, different lumpbut other than that from the outside i thought youd nicked my motor:)

Hope your eating plenty carrots to be able to see out of driver/ passenger side windows with that amount of tint at night !

it just depends how the weather/light is and what angle your looking. i've had no problems at night.

IMG00059-20100105-1604.jpg

glasses are needed if you cant see out of those at night! lol

What level would people recommend for the best OEM level? I dont want to go too dark, but then I dont want to go too light! Been advised to go for a light smoke, but I would have thought a medium would be better? I dont really want Dark or Limo though really!