Window tint %

24styles

#teamsolar
Reaction score
Anybody know wot window tint percantage i have on the rear windows of my s3?
It came with them from audi if that helps?

Attachments

• IMG_20160611_163305.jpg
    IMG_20160611_163305.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 405
Not sure, just been to a tinting place and he said ther 35% but im sure ther darker.

Not sure, just been to a tinting place and he said ther 35% but im sure ther darker.
It might look darker since your car is a bright colour and it is contrasting. Maybeee? :shrug:

It might look darker since your car is a bright colour and it is contrasting. Maybeee? :shrug:

Yea maybe, i want to get the fronts tinted to match the rears, alltho apparently any percentige tint on the front is illegall....i thought it was only limo black that was illegal on the front

Only the front door glass is covered by legislation - rear of the B pillar and backlight are not covered hence the privacy glass option.

Reactions: pburv and Simon L
Only the front door glass is covered by legislation - rear of the B pillar and backlight are not covered hence the privacy glass option.

...................yep, and if ye ignore da rulez the boys in blue will be pestering the life out of you.................if they're not already from driving round in a bright orange S3!! lol

Reactions: davc, pburv, batch and 1 other person
I like to keep them on ther toes, so does anyone actually know the percentage of the rears?

Reactions: pburv and Simon L
I like to keep them on ther toes, so does anyone actually know the percentage of the rears?

Typically it's between 20-35% light transmission depending on glass thickness and composition. If it's laminated glass the inner layer of film is timted rather than such a dark float glass being used such as Venus 10 or Galaxy. Our side glass is 4mm thick monlithic so the tint is all done in the float glass.

Reactions: pburv
Yeah if you have factory fitted privacy glass and are looking to match them by tinting the front that won't be far off but as already said watch out for :busted cop:

Reactions: pburv, 24styles and Simon L
You'll get told to remove them if you get stopped mate, as well as a fine. Personally I wouldn't bother, for the level of tint that's allowed by law it's not worth it.

Reactions: pburv, 24styles and Simon L
So 35% on the fronts would be a close match?

Are your fronts not already tinted? They look pretty dark.

I see a lot of cars with tinted front windows. Seen a lot really nice cars in nice (rich) areas too with tints and they're super dark. I'm always under the impression that police won't touch them since the area is so nice and next to no crime happen as well as no street dossers hanging about

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 24styles
So 35% on the fronts would be a close match?

In the UK you cannot tint the front side windows. Windows without added tint do not let all light through and that is why there is some percentage given in the regulations.

Having additional tint on the front side windows poses a risk for other road users, especially cyclists and motorcyclists.

Please don't do it! If you (or anyone else does) do, I would hope the police ask you to remove them.

Wish i never mentioned it now, worse than facebook police, ok ok i wont do it.....i promiss ;) lol

Reactions: pburv
This reminds me!!! I saw my nephews car a few weeks back (he's 20), I sat inside and took this pic...I then told him about the dangers and that the Police will stop him....not to mention that it looked well gay :D

I even got him to stand on the pavement whilst I took the picture, so that he could see how much was being blocked...can't see him at all!!!

Lmao

Reactions: Scottyg, Simon L and pburv
This reminds me!!! I saw my nephews car a few weeks back (he's 20), I sat inside and took this pic...I then told him about the dangers and that the Police will stop him....not to mention that it looked well gay :D

I even got him to stand on the pavement whilst I took the picture, so that he could see how much was being blocked...can't see him at all!!!

View attachment 101355
I think your nephew has a few gender issues.....Is he a hairdresser by any chance...lol

Reactions: davc, S32B, Simon L and 1 other person
Wish i never mentioned it now, worse than facebook police, ok ok i wont do it.....i promiss ;) lol
What, you mean you expecting to do something illegal and get 100% approval? Here? On a forum where members can come to virtual blows over the relative merits of a manual 'box against S&Tonic?

I salute your optimism sir...

Reactions: davc, pburv and Simon L
What, you mean you expecting to do something illegal and get 100% approval? Here? On a forum where members can come to virtual blows over the relative merits of a manual 'box against S&Tonic?

I salute your optimism sir...
I reckon the S&Tonic will knock the block off manual any day.:box:......lol 'Ding Ding Round 1'

Reactions: davc, Rob2k68 and GSB