Window rattle/ google earth never worked

Harry price

Reaction score
hi Iv had my facelift 3 door s3 8v since October 2017. This Wednesday it is going back to audi for the 3rd time to sort the rattle out, find it imbrassing when people get in the car an can hear this annoying and loud noise since it’s not even six months out. Also my Audi virtual cockpit google earth option has NEVER worked from when I collected the car and they now say they are discontinueing from the virtual cockpit but one of the main reasons I bought the virtual cockpit was for this google earth display. What would you guys do in the situation? The car is brilliant to drive etc but these issues for a 32k car I think is abit ridiculous.

Doesn't matter about google earth being discontinued whenever, it works on other cars so it should work on yours. So what is the issue you are seeing and what have you tried to do?

Good point, when I load the google earth it says it cannot connect to audi servers. I spoke to Audi Finance and there baslically not interested say they say the window problem was a “characteristic” of the car

Reactions: amb66
Sounds like your MMI units MAC address has not been correctly set up on the Audi gateway servers / firewall, in order to allow connection to the service. This is done at factory level so your dealership will need to raise a support request.

What a royal pain in the @rse:shrug:

Reactions: ACWKGYTO and Harry price